Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2020 Pink Hazey Render Issue

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Updated 2019 to 2020 and noticed that any files above the HD frame size, you need to change the video rendering setting under pref/general to Mecury Playback Engine Software Only.

Anyone know why?  On 2019 I left it on the recomeneded option, which is the GPU Acceleraton (metal)option and Files above HD frame size rendered fine.  However in 2020, the recomended option gives it a pinkish haze on files above HD frame size, whether I'm down converting or keeping the frame size as source.

What's the difference between these options under pre/general/rendering ?  

Is the new vsn of ME compatible for making HEVC Rec2020 files? without shifting colour? (ACES colour management)

Thanks in advance

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

TOPICS
Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share more details? What is your source video size/codec? What is your target size/codec?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

That would help.  Its when I bring an EXR sequence in, UHD frame size.

Transcoding to h264 HD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know much about EXR but this may be helpful: http://www.fnordware.com/ProEXR/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines