• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2020 render extremely slow

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, out of nowhere rendering in the timeline and exporting from both Ae and AME started taking much, much longer. What would usually take 1-2 mins is suddenly taking 30 - 40. I updated to Ae 2020, no change, updated my graphic drivers, no change. Tried rendering with mercury software only rather than GPU, hasn't made any difference.

I have 12 core, 64 gigs Ram, Nvidia 1080 Ti, I don't really see why it should be struggling like it is. At one point I couldn't even use masks in Ae because the lag was so bad it made it impossible to work.

Its really frustrating to go from a relatively great workflow to something that is, at times, barely usable.

Any advice or fixes on this would be greatly appreciated.

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

We're sorry about the issue and appreciate the fact that you tried to troubleshoot it before reaching out. The system details that you've shared look good enough. However, we'll need more information to optimize the performance.

• Which OS version do you have?
  • Does it happen with every project?
  • Which effects are applied to your composition?
  • Have you used any third-party plug-ins in your project?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe wt... I ahve deadlines and your media encoder is has suddenly taking 10-15x longer to render or it just stops with no error. Fix your software and you owe $52 for a new external hard drive and $130 for a lost client!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand any delay in meeting the deadlines could cost you time, efforts and money. Do not worry! We're here to help.

Could you share the details I've asked above? It is important to know about the computer's hardware and the project's complexity while troubleshooting the performance related glitches.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media Encoder just doenst use, whats available. I mean, cmon, 5,9% (single?) CPU usage, 8,6% GPU usage? 

Win10, Ryzen 9 3900XT, 64gig, 980gtx, ssd

The screenshot ist from H.264 rendering, needing HELL OF A LOT of time (just 1 lower third animation, that comes with premiere pro, no third party stuff)

Just as an example, what Im going through for the last weeks. 

I switched to adobe once for the rendering time. I cannot render for days, that totally kills my workflow. 

Regarding to his help forum this kind of cpu usage problem seems to come and go for years.

Years!! Its so frustrating.

media_encoder_cpu.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about actually coming up with a fix instead of hitting everyone with the same automated series of questions? like seriously, if your customers are having to go back to the previous version of ME because the new one is useless, why not do something about it? it kinda dumb that you guys do less upkeep on your products than a modern video game studio does for their games. if you were a video game studio and you failed to even include weekly fixes, your company would be left in the dust. i honestly can't wait for someone else to replace you in the realm of graphic design software. you clearly have not earned your position nor have you shown any concern of your user experience. do better or move aside, adobe. smh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue since v.15.4.1 and Adobe just won't fix it.

Besides that it is so hard to actually get in touch with customer service.

We are paying 60-90EUR per seat and not getting a proper solution or assistance.

C'mon Adobe-Team you can do better!

We're starting tests with the handbrake app now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here and essentially the same specs. Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just now, I have finished rendering a 1 hour composition in Adobe Media Encoder. It took approximately 23 hours to render. I have no idea why this would happen. My computer is considered to be "high end" with an intel core i7-9700K and 16 GB of ram. I have an RTX 2080 as well. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME PROBLEM HERE, THE LAST VERSION OF ENCODER REALLY SUX, 3 HOUR FOR 15 SECONDOS IN RENDER, ON A NEW MACBOOK PRO 17 , REALLY?? SOLVE THIS CRAP 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really Frustrating !!

A 2min16sec timeline in after effects (with no plugins, no color effects, and no 3D, etc..)  is taking 5h13min to render in H264 - 1920x1080 ... seriously !!

specs

iMac

Model Identifier: iMac18,3

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 32 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Finally downgraded ME from V14.6 to V14.4 and miraculously the 5:30 hours render time are down to 1:16h !!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I also have the same issue with ME, rendering a 10 second long video took 3 hours could you give me a link to version 14.4 I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I found somone posting a link on the internet after a long search ! Not sure i still have the link 😞 will look it up though. 
Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  I think it might have something to do with a change to the H.264 encoder, but I could be wrong.  Something changed in the jump from 14.4 to 14.5, and the only solution right now is to revert to 14.4.  Please fix this ASAP, Adobe.  As soon as I'm not able to use that version, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for an example, I just started a render of a low resolution H.264 proxy on Media Encoder 14.6.  It told me it was going to take 5 hours, and the time kept on climbing.  Reverted back to 14.4, and now it's going to be done in around 40 minutes.  I can provide screenshots if that would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is workflow-breaking, guys.  Please prioritize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same probelms here.  version 14.6 is simply not usable.  I am on a deadline and at nearly 2am find myself imstalling v14.4 in the hope that exporting a 6 min video (only in 1080 res) will take less than 1 hour. This on with a 1080ti and 3900x CPU with 64 GB Ram on NVME drives!  This is a serious issue that needs to be resolved. Pull version 14.6 if you have to, it is quite literally junk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I was hoping that would help but sadly now, down to a 45 minute job now though! I am now instlalling v 13.5 to run paralell to ME v14xx. Hoping for a bit of luck, right now my iPad is able to perform the task faster!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I just started making youtube videos and really dont have much expirience. I just spend 4 hours looking what ive done wrong. My 30 minutes 4K Video rendering time goes from 30 minutes to 8 hours. What the hell, Adobe? 

Going back to version 14.4 helped for me. Thank you guys for that workaround. Didnt know that i can install older versions xD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Could you please give the link Of Media Encoder 14.4 version please.

My media encoder takes 3 hours just to render 10 seconds video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you revert it to 14.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!!  I was shock to find that a 53 sec comp  exporting H.264 1080p 23fr would take more than 2 hrs with out third-party plug-ins, no heavy effect, no audio and no colour correction. 

Whats even funnier is that it says " QUICKLY OUTPUT video files for virtually any screen." The irony!!

iMac,

Processor: 4GHz Quad core Intel core i7

Memory: 32GB 1600MHz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please get some kind of word from Adobe on this, even if it's just acknowledgement?  I'm geniunely scared about the possibility of a future where this doesn't get addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked Adobe tech support about exporting AE comp using media encoder. 

One of them told me to move my third-party plugins to my desktop, and leave only dummy.txt file, and then reboot AE. 

Another of their tech support told me that I should use custom presets/ medium bitrate when exporting thru AME

And I read online that some ppl found solution by downgrading AME to 14.4, 14.0, and 13 something.

Others downgrade their AE, however for those on OS bigsur, would have to stick to the latest version of AE, as older versions are not compatable. 

None of the above have solved my issues with slow rendering, but in case you haven't tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines