• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2020 stops allowing supported file formats

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tonight marks the third time I've had to uninstall and reinstall Media Encoder, as it randomly decides to not allow me to import .MOV anymore. Any of my .MOVs, which work perfectly fine in other Adobe (or other) applications. This never, or rarely, happened on previous versions. What gives? 

Hardware:

Macbook Pro (2019)

macOS Catalina Version 10.15.1

Processor: 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "not allowing you to import .MOV?" Do you get an error? Does this happen when you try to pull a file into AME directory or does it also happen if you try to export from Premiere into AME?

Be aware that your graphic card does not meet the minimum recommended system requirements for the latest version of Premiere/Media Encoder: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean that all .MOV-files are greyed out and when trying to drag into Media Encoder it gives you the hand with the striked circle. There's no way around this. I've tried restarting the program, my computer, etc, to no avail. The only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling completely. 

I would use 2019 Adobe (or 2018 even, which was before all the new settings), but I'm getting warnings that they're not optimal with Catalina. Oh well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly are you dragging the MOV files? Onto a preset? Into the Queue window? Are you getting anything like this screenshot?

gg.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, into the Queue. It's working fine one moment, and at another, it stops. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you can record a screencapture of this occuring? I feel like I'm not getting the full picture here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I need Encoder, I uninstalled and reinstalled it last night. When it inevitably happens again, I'll screenrecord, and post to the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just had exactly the same happen to me. had to uninstall and reinstall ME.
Big Sur 11.1
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB

so annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines