• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder Burning in Source File Name on Picture

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has to be a setting I'm missing, but when I transcode using any Preset, Media Encoder burns the file name onto my transcoded video like this:  "TextInFront[Source File Name].movTextInBack"

Any direction guidance is appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

For VLC Player v3.0.8:

-From the menu, click Tools > Preferences.

-On the bottom left, click the radio button next to All.

-Scroll down on the left scroll bar and click Video.

-Uncheck the box on the right side that says Show media title on video.

-Click Save.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media Encoder is not doing that.

It is a setting on your player.

VLC Player and other players do that by default.  The way to change that in VLC is kind of hidden.  If you are using VLC, let me know and I will give instructions to change the setting to not show the file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peru Bob.  Yes, VLC is my default viewer for MXF files.  It could be anything else if you recommend.

Let me know what/where in VLC to change that setting and I'll give it a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For VLC Player v3.0.8:

-From the menu, click Tools > Preferences.

-On the bottom left, click the radio button next to All.

-Scroll down on the left scroll bar and click Video.

-Uncheck the box on the right side that says Show media title on video.

-Click Save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Bob.  ARG!  This didn't work.  Media title is still burning in on transcoded video.

1- I updated VRC to 3.0.8.

2- I unchecked the "Show media title on video".

3- I closed and re opened both VLC and Adobe Media Encoder.

4- Ran the transcode with same burn-in result.

5- Reopened VLC and confirmed "Show media title on video" is still unchecked.

6- Kicked my dog.

Note, not that it probably matters, but just in case weirdly it does, the 1,2,3 sequence you provided me isn't how my VLC displays to get to that uncheck "Show media..." button.

1- There is no "Tools" Menu button.

2- There IS a "Preferences" option under the "VLC" main Menu option.

3- There is no "radio button next to "All" on the bottom left.  There IS a "Show All" button, which when clicked takes me to the double pane window containing "Video" which you wanted me to get to, to Uncheck "Show media title..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you export a small portion of that video and upload to a site like dropbox so that I can see what is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scroll down and look at Name Overlay here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/export-settings-reference.html

Name overlay is an option under the Effects Tab in Export settings:

ame.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I saw that when I was first troubleshooting.  Those settings boxes are unchecked.

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 9.23.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload a shortened version of your project file to Dropbox??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Bob.  Not quite sure what you are referring to, "...the Project File..."?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I lost track of this thread and was thinking that you were exporting a Premiere Pro project, not transcoding.

What kind of file are you transcodimg?

Why are you transcoding?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am transcoding an MXF raw file to Apple ProRes 422HQ for further editing in Premiere Pro.

My Producer has the same media and his Adobe Media Encoder transcoded with no issues.  I'm trying to match the transcode on my side, as we share the Premiere Pro Project via Dropbox.

Ironically, this idea was to save a FedEx shipment routine that we normally do, with him sending me his transcoded media.  But I said, what the heck, it's Friday, I'll just clone transcode on my side and be done with it.

Multiple days late, still trying to figure out the bug!  Ha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that the "correct" answer (vlc settings) looked correct, but is not.

Fanjoy, the title in the upper middle of the screen when played in vlc sure looks like an AME Name Overlay, including the presence of a "Suffix." It would never look that way in VLC's display of the name.

I'd look again at your AME settings. The AME screenshot you give looks odd to me with the Summary showing only a limited part of the Output, and nothing for input. I would test by not using your preset, but using the straight 422HQ and making sure name overlay is off.

I'm on PC, and tested by exporting unchecked, then checked, then unchecked. It behaves as I would expect. Oops, except that I got total glitching in QT, so used H264 just to see. In fact, if it doesn't work, try H.264 just to see if you can convince AME to cut it out!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, unfortunately, I've already tried those very tasks you just listed, when I've been troubleshooting on my own.

I even used a ProRes422 file as the source, to eliminate the VLC element.  Same result.

I'll keep tinkering and update you when I finally hit on the culprit.

Really appreciate you trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd next try resetting AME preferences. 

What specific dot version of AME are you using ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Bob and Stan, what do you know.  The condition is gone.  I have NO IDEA how, but I just kept punching around back and forth from pre set to pre, changing format codecs, and suddenly it stopped.  Wierd.

One thing that WAS different from previous trys, is I accidentally opened the Preset from the right Window pane "Que" menu, instead of opening settings from the "Preset Browser".  Same settings options pop up to customize, but got to the settings a different way.  MAYBE it somehow "flushed out" a rougue setting artifact that was stuck in the system.  Hmmmm.

Anyway, I'm back in business and I appreciate your guys' help in troubleshooting.  An odd one for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! Thanks for reporting back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad it's working now. thumbup.gif 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines