Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder CC 2017 Extremely Slow

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Transcoding an HD 1080 10-bit YUV 30" spot to DV PAL is taking 15 minutes. This is completely irrational on a high specs computer. In comparison, transcoding the same clip on earlier version took under 1 minute.

Anyone else noticed the problem?

Thanks,

Hazem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing. Just upgraded and simple stuff is taking hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too.. For now I decide to install previous version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. Rendering same sequence in After Effects is 10-30x quicker than in Media Encoder. Latest versions of all programs.

CUDA or no CUDA doesn't matter, same speed. iMac Late 2013, 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB.

Please fix as sending a sequence to Media Encoder and letting it do its thing in the background and me working in AE is important in many of my projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here, render through AE took 4 minutes, AME said it would take 4 hours .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. New build using i7-6800K 6 core (12 thread) with 32 GB DDR4 Ram and GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 and a 12 second video at 1080P has been rendering for over a half hour. Miserably slow. Cuda is enabled for rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all had same issues - all I did was clear the media cache database in the preferences section and shutdown restated the encoder the 1hr + render time dropped to 20mins for a 9min video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now you always clear the media cache before rendering ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I Have the same issue:

My system is:
iMac (Retina 5K, 27 '', end of 2015)

Processor: 4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory RAM: 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Somebody can help us?
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clearing the media cache did not help me at all.. i have an intel i7 6950x 10 core processor yet rendering a minute and a half 4k footage with unsharp filter and some color grading takes 7 hours.. I happen to have 2 Samsung Pro SSD drives and 1 Samsung NVME m.2 drive 64gb ram and still adobe encoder load on the processor is only between 12 to 15 percent. i tried every single solution on the internet. i did put my media files in a diferent ssd drive than whenre the footage is but nothing worked. i am rendering to h.264 and h.265 while h.265 takes about 7 hours h.264 could take up to 12 hours. That is crazy and adobe should fix this turtle speed issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, Adobe is using approximately 4GB of the 16GB it's allocated and at the most 20% of the CPU. Trying to export from AE into ME is painfully slow (5-10min just to see it in ME and in that time AE is unusable)

I have tried emptying the cache folder and every other trick that I could find online but since 2017 it has at the most only used 25% of the system.

Please can someone help as I can't in good conscience charge the customer for 2hours render what I used to charge 10min

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues trying to send Premiere sequences over to AME. With CUDA on, the render is very slow but I do have a lot of Magic Bullet effects in the sequence which tends to slow things down. This, however is much slower than it ever has been. Even more of a problem is almost every time I send a render to AME it fails... sometimes at 5%, sometimes at 50 or 60% (which is AWESOME, since by that time 2 hours have passed). I'm currently rendering straight out of Premiere at a snail's pace. ADOBE, THIS IS A PROBLEM, PLEASE FIX THIS CRAP ASAP. I've literally been up all night just trying to get a few renders out for client review.

I did get a render to work with AME by shutting off CUDA, but of course it took about 3-4X as long as it should have. This is not only an h.264 problem either. I tried rendering out a DNX sequence with AME and it also failed.

Windows 10 Pro

Xeon 2.9GHz

64 RAM

Quadro M5000M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help! it's taking 30 mins for a 8bit 1:45second video!

2.5 hours for a 10min video!

Final cut exported this in minutes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today i needed 1:30 hour for a project i exported in 25 minutes(a 14 minutes simple lumetri and effects video) on the previous version... on a 6 core 64gb ram machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Doing 4k is laughably slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, don't want to think about rendering 4K!

This is an embarrassment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  There's some serious resource mismanagement in the 2017 versions of Premiere Pro and AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here how can they release  such crap updates without finding an answer, had problems after updating the last version of premiere wich is much more instable then the preivious version, do I have to shit my pants every update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So angry right now. 12 hours to encode a PPro sequence that used to take 2 hours to render. How do I roll back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm trying this: Render Media Encoder for the short sequences and simultaneously run PPro to render direct the longer pieces. It is the only way I can get 100% CPU utilization. But, it's still slow as sh*t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines