• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder CC 2017 FAILS when exporting from AE.

Guide ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an AE file containing multiple layers of text, which render fine in ME, but the several VIDEO portions just render the dreaded COLOR BARS, but ONLY when EXPORTING the AE file to ME.

Booting ME first, then manually IMPORTING the AE file takes several minutes, but it eventually DOES open, and ALL the parts are rendered properly, although EXTREMELY SLOWLY. But using the IMPORT method, I can get the final video.

TWO QUESTIONS:

1. What can I do to get ME to work properly when EXPORTING from AE?

2. Are there some AE and/or ME Preferences settings I need to set to get ME to actually work when exporting from AE?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

--

MacPro, MacOSX 10.10.5, 32 MB RAM, 10+ TB disk space, AE v. 14.2.1.34 (25% used of 32.0 GB), ME build 11.1.2.35

--

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

I finally chatted with Adobe Support in India. It seems that "some" dpx files fail to import from AE to AME. This seems strange to me, because ALL of the dpx files in my AE project come from the same source. In other words, they are all coded exactly the same, but only SOME of them show up in an AE export to AME.

This is a major BUG in AME. And it won't be easy to fix, because of the inconsistencies in how AME deals with dpx.

I finally got AME to render this AE file properly by first rendering a m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I look elsewhere in this forum to get a good answer to this question about AE>ME export fails?

Is it just me? Is it a bug or am I just doing something stupid?

Thanks for any intelligence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing a slightly shorter AE file into Media Encoder (similar content with a different sound track), so far it's taken over 30 minutes just to import! But I only THINK it's importing! The progress bar has said 100% the entire time. This is seriously counter-productive. Why is it so difficult (time-consuming) to get Media Encoder to do its job?

Total import time for one 3.5 minute video = I gave up after half an hour

Should it take this long? Someone please give me a hint.

Here are a few helpful tips for Adobe:

1. Give us some kind of working ME Import progress bar, to let us know things are still working (this progress bar has shown 100% for the entire import time of 30+ minutes).

2. Fix AE Export to ME!

3. Respond with helpful info to problems like this one in the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after giving up before, I decided to just let ME do its thing with a manual import from AE, even if it takes all afternoon and night.

Along the way, I finally opened up OSX's Activity Monitor, and ME does indeed appear to be "doing something." So I won't give up this time. It's just an unsettling mystery as to why it would take so LONG just to import a short video file.

A closer look at Activity Monitor reveals that ME is using a TINY fraction of 1% of CPU power (like .01% to .03% average, sometimes jumping up to a whopping HALF a percent!). This might be a hint as to why this "simple" import is taking so long ...

I'll report here how long this simple import finally took, IF it ever finishes ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over an hour later, AME is still "importing." During this long wait, I've rendered the entire video four times, directly from AE (could have done it a dozen more times as well!). The intended audience is YouTube, and I can't quite figure out how to do this exactly as it should be done, manually from AE - hence the attempts to get AME to do the job, with its 1080 YouTube preset. In the past, I've used AME's YouTube template successfully. But not with current AME CC 2017.

I do wish someone (anyone) could shed some light on this situation.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the file never did import last night. I gave it the entire night, with no success.

WHY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally chatted with Adobe Support in India. It seems that "some" dpx files fail to import from AE to AME. This seems strange to me, because ALL of the dpx files in my AE project come from the same source. In other words, they are all coded exactly the same, but only SOME of them show up in an AE export to AME.

This is a major BUG in AME. And it won't be easy to fix, because of the inconsistencies in how AME deals with dpx.

I finally got AME to render this AE file properly by first rendering a multi-GB H264 version from AE, then manually importing that file into AME and doing the final render there.

Live and learn.

One clue to solving this dpx bug in AME might be to look at how both AE and Photoshop handle dpx. Neither of them have ANY problems with ALL of these dpx files. A second clue to solving the bug might be the visible SIZE of the dpx files. ALL dpx originals in this video are rendered from the same source at 1920x1080, but only the ones reduced in size in AE are acceptable to AME. AME is not able to import 1920x1080 dpx frames which are displayed in AE at 1920x1080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you provide more details on how you resolved this issue by first rendering in AE? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines