• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder CC 2017 - High CPU Usage during Proxy creation

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem: Media encoder is pegging my 8 core CPU at 100% while generating proxies.  What can I do to smooth out this workflow?

I thought the whole point of creating proxies is to ease the burden while editing.  My understanding is that it is supposed to allow low utilization proxy creation in the back ground while letting me edit clips in premiere.

There doesn't seem to be a way to tell Media Encoder that it can't have all 100% of my 8 cpu's.

I'd like to keep editing during proxy creation without a severe slowdown.

I'm using the very latest version of 2017 Media encoder (all updates applied)

Appreciate any advice.

(Win 10 64bit; 32GB memory; 8 core cpu.  2 high end graphics cards)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A simple workaround for now could be to set your CPU affinity. In task manager, right click media encoder in the "details" tab, and click "set affinity", then choose the number of CPU threads you want to allocate to that process, freeing up some CPU cycles for you to work in Premiere in the mean time. You will have to reset this every time you restart media encoder though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines