• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder CC 2018 Very Slow

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue since upgrading to Media Encoder CC 2018 a few days ago. Previously my 10 to 20 second videos were rendering in no time. Now the exact same videos are taking ages to render or not rendering at all.

For me the main issue is that they take 5 minutes to begin rendering, and I frequently get 'Cannot read from source' errors, or Media Encoder just hangs. Prior to updating the software I had no issues.

Software only or GPU Acceleration makes no difference.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018
Comps created in After Effects CC 2018, which I updated at the same time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graphter,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Is this happening with only the projects created in previous versions? Please check if its happening with new projects as well?

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graphter,

Have you resolved the issue? Please let us know the status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with projects created in the old version of AE and the new version. It seems to happen when the composition contains an h264 movie file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're dealing with an H264 in a .mov container then Adobe is going to give you a lot of issues. This is because it's a 32 bit codec and at the end of this year all 32 bit codecs can't be used. I would recommend transcoding your h264 into a ProRes.

I ran into a problem similar to this where AME won't let me export to my server and can only export locally on a drive. It's really annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am quite new to using AME 2018. But when I first started using it, it all went quite fast and for some reason it now is very slow. When I start, it goes really fast but after more or less around 25% of the process, it becomes really slow. I left the encoder on all night and when Iwoke up, it had hardly done anything.

My system is windows 10, amd phenom II x4 840 processor 3.2 Ghz, 8 Gb RAM, 650 GTX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this, too.

I note that other users are complaining about renders from AE and I'm talking Premiere Pro; I do think this is the right topic since both programs render in AME and the complaint is slow processing. If someone wants to move this feel free.

Granted I'm processing MP4s of 4K files but the times are WAY longer and the amount of processor and memory taken up WAY less.

My system is Windows 10 Pro, 32GB DDR-3 RAM, i7-4770K. Files are written to a 30TB RAID. Video is GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB.

I have all but 6GB allocated to Adobe. I notice that the system is using far fewer resources than it did in past versions.

RIght now, I'm outputting a 4K file at "high bitrate" of an opera I recorded this past weekend (i.e. brand new project) on my Sony FDR-AX100 camcorder. The file is 2 hours 6 minutes in length. I've done these where processing is between 4 and 6 hours; this one now predicts 17 hours. There's nothing new in my system architecture, the type of video I'm using (had the AX100 since it came out in 2014) or anything else I can imagine.

All software is CC 2018 completely up to date.

What could this possibly be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this fixed?  I have the same problem and it's driving me crazy.  Took an hour to render a 30 second video!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi laurad5078754, tomcantrell,

Sorry for the delay in response. Performance issue occurs mostly due to bad permissions or incompatible video drivers.

Please try the steps in the following articles:

fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Update the graphics driver | Windows 8, 7, Vista

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue... 8 minute render taking 2 hours.

I had an issue with Premiere Pro's latest update (April 2018), so I reverted back to version 12.0.01 but I didn't revert Media Encoder back.

When I reverted back Media Encoder to match Premiere Pro 12.0.01 my files rendered properly. (Only issue is I lost my presets)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Vidya,

I am experiencing the following issue:

I am on a windows 10 machine. I have GTX 970 installed with newest driver and newest CUDA.

I run the latest Ppro Version ( I think ist 12.1). When I render my project out, either directly, or via AME, the renderer goes to "software only".

In my Project Settings>General, it says "Cuda acceleration". And I can even select it in AME, so obviously that works.

I am trying to render out to vimeo 1080 settings preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

A new update for Media Encoder & Premiere Pro is available, 12.1.1. Please update and let us know the issue status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't test right now, but the issues addressed have nothing to do with our probs, or?

• Fixed a crash on launch in some cases when loading Cool Type fonts (these fonts are prevented from loading.)
  • PNG files containing Alpha are correctly displayed with the default interpretation of Straight Alpha.
  • In some PNG frame sequence exports, frames no longer get mixed together (superimposed).
  • Application no longer hangs if you quit it after playback of Sony F5 RAW files.

I am talking about AME not using gpu for export although Mercury engine is activated in AME..

Regards

Hendrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Vidya+Sagar  schrieb

Hi All,

A new update for Media Encoder & Premiere Pro is available, 12.1.1. Please update and let us know the issue status.

Thanks,

Vidya

It did not fix my issue. Still only software rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - Will try over the weekend and get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me since I upgrade to the latest version of AME and PPR my 8 minutes export take more than one houre now with the new upgrade

Same project same seting same computer everything is the same. The export slow down a lot right after the last upgrade.

My computer is Mac pro 2015 running Mac Os Sierra 10.12.6

Hope you will fix it as soon as you can many people are in huge trouble now.

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? On Mac os? It only happens on win with me. My Mac still runs ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we should take it for granted that everyone here is telling the truth - It'd be a rather pointless forum thread where people made up problems to get help from the community with 😉

I'm on a Mac. I have this problem. I've read posts from countless others that do too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a different unrelated issue and a TS agent went through my machine and changed all the relevant permissions. Those guys know exactly which folders to expose and change, and it's quite laborious! Anyway, since that happened, I have experienced massively faster processing.

I guess the issue, then, is why the Installers for all these programs aren't properly programmed to change the appropriate permissions (they get Admin privileges when they launch so they have the authority) and if one or another is deemed impossible to do automatically the user should be pointed to a set of instructions as to exactly which folders to modify manually.

Hope it helps...

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

graphter  schrieb

I think we should take it for granted that everyone here is telling the truth - It'd be a rather pointless forum thread where people made up problems to get help from the community with 😉

I'm on a Mac. I have this problem. I've read posts from countless others that do too.

Who are you refering to? Me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You said "Really? On Mac os? It only happens on win with me. My Mac still runs ok." You sounded doubtful 🙂
It was only meant as a light-hearted comment though mate - hence the wink 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

graphter  schrieb

Yes. You said "Really? On Mac os? It only happens on win with me. My Mac still runs ok." You sounded doubtful 🙂
It was only meant as a light-hearted comment though mate - hence the wink 😉

No my intention though. At that point of time, my Mac was running well.

NOw, after upgrading to 12.1.1 on Mac, mp4 is a "software only" export. The same issue as on win.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

graphter  schrieb

I'm having the same issue since upgrading to Media Encoder CC 2018 a few days ago. Previously my 10 to 20 second videos were rendering in no time. Now the exact same videos are taking ages to render or not rendering at all.

For me the main issue is that they take 5 minutes to begin rendering, and I frequently get 'Cannot read from source' errors, or Media Encoder just hangs. Prior to updating the software I had no issues.

Software only or GPU Acceleration makes no difference.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018
Comps created in After Effects CC 2018, which I updated at the same time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It has nothing to do with accelerated effects. All 2018 Versions of premiere pro and AME have a bug, which does not let them use MPE on export. The ONLY possible solution is rolling back to cc 2017 or earlier. creative cloud desktop lets you do that. Scroll to your app and under "more" there is a link "other versions".

I've been dealing with this over the last two weeks. Spent hours on chats with adobe support (You get know a lot of indian names that way). Adobe is in complete denial of this.

Trust me. I rolled back this morning to cc2017  and everything works perfect. And although I haven't used Effects with are supported by MPE, I am now able to export a sequence in 40 min., which took 4 hours before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  After upgrading, it takes minutes for a render from After Effects to appear in AME's queue.  Rendering also seems to be quite slow.  AME seems to often hang while rendering during the 'Connecting to Dynamic Link server' phase.  Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! After a reboot of the computer the first render in the queue goes quick, then the next in the queue just goes extremely slow.

Before I could stay away from this shit called Media Encoder but now when Adobe REMOVED the option to render to H264 in AE I have to use it. I do H264s at the end of the work day to show progress to clients and this completely F**Ks up my work.

And this problem has existed for more than a year. Sigh...

After the subscription model Adobe has become, lazy, slow and dumb (as was to be expected).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines