• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder CC 2019 disastrously slower than CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make proxies for this doc project (I use the procedure where within Premiere I right click all the footage in the folder and choose "Create proxies")

Before, on Premiere and Media Encoder 2018, this was going smoothly, with the proxies being created and attached at a speedy rate.

But after being forced to upgrade to 2019 for the client, the performance has plummeted. It now takes 1-3 hours to make a proxy for a single clip when it used to take only a few minutes. It has brought my work and progress to a screeching halt. Below is a screengrab of my system specs.

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 12.25.29 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. Encoder 2019 is twice as slow, and exponentially slower as the videos I export are longer and larger.

My specs:

(Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M not shown)

ScreenShot_20181112154804.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same, resulting in doing my exports at night, but then I wake up to see that the program shut down because it was out of memory...?

Please Adobe, resolve this issue! 😮

(MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016), Radeon Pro 450 2048 MB / Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just updated to AME 13.0.1 and my exports are going extremely slow. I have an export that is a normal workflow for me, AE to PR through Dynamic Link, left overnight ot export. Came back the next day and it was estimated to be done in 134 hours! I have previous versions of this video exported from AME 2018 and prior, NONE took this long. Not even close, was around 30 minutes export time. Please fix this Adobe, this is slowing us all done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this has still not been solved by Adobe, since I still have the same problems, up to February 2019. Exports of parts of AE animations that used to take up to 10 minutes max now take one hour or more. This is slowing everything down, designing, creating and production.

I read that shutting down AE while rendering in AME has a small positive affect on rendering time. This takes the fun out of the creative process completely.

Can anybody say if working on your files in AE and rendering in AME while everything is automatically synchronised in iCloud may have an effect on rendering time? Should I go back to working from my local harddisk????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should deliver what we all pay for and what Adobe says it supports via advertising and marketing: the creative world. Maybe it is just a creative way for Adobe to earn a lot of money.

Improving software is good but adding functions to software all the time in a lot of cases it makes the total working process slower. Adobe should focus on making everything work smoothly instead of expanding programs we work with every day just for the sake of it, so that a new product can be sold. Most of the users have their own set of tools working for them and are not waiting for new features every few months or so.

Plus Adobe should know that a lot of users are not working for X-large corporations with very deep pockets but there are a lot of small creative bussinesses working in this field too, working on smaller scale productions. They are dependant of Adobe and this affects them very aggressively.

The problem is that Adobe has a monopoly in the graphic software world and we are all hooked.

Maybe Adobe should offer two lines of products: the newest of the newest for one type of users and the tried and tested versions that work well for the other. Without the obligation to update with every new feature. With a different price tag.

Adobe Classics®?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 PC, Intel i7 8700, 16GB RAM. I was rendering one minute for every minute of video on AME, but now it goes from 3 to 16 hrs for a 5-20 minute video, what is going on? wtf AME trash.jpg

This is what my CPU and GPU utilisation looks like -when it is not on a ~20% spike-, you can see it lays on an outstanding overclock of ZERO and ONE percentile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have just reverted back to cc 2018 and the performance is 6 mins to render.  And when in 2019, about 6 hours.

Crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines