• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder CC 2019 keeps crashing while Encoding ''Operation was interrupted by user''

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to leave various videos encoding from Premiere Pro on Media Encoder and normally the first will encode and export but after that, after a few hours it just crashes. Please help me as I need to export many videos overnight and it just wont work. 

I'm on a  

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 6

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 9 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: 220.240.2.0.0 (iBridge: 16.16.3133.0.0,0)

The log is here below says that the operation was interrupted by user, but I never interrupted it.

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------------------

- Source File: /var/folders/c2/f4qry61d19b3slg5l1t9hq_80000gn/T/Mariachi 360 May 18 C_4.prproj
- Output File: /Volumes/4TB RsE 2020/2020 Photos/Mariachi 360 Songs/La Bamba Rachel Bday Dad_1.mp4
- Preset Used: Custom
- Video: 5760x2880 (1.0), 29.97 fps, Progressive, Software Encoding, 00:02:55:14
- Audio: AAC, 320 kbps, 48 kHz, Stereo
- Bitrate: CBR, Target 100.00 Mbps
- Encoding Time: 01:49:48
06/12/2020 01:07:45 AM : File Successfully Encoded

06/15/2020 07:02:07 PM : Queue Started

06/15/2020 07:07:39 PM : Queue Stopped
- Encoding Time: 38:28:30
06/15/2020 07:07:39 PM : Encoding Failed
-------------------------------------
The Operation was interrupted by user

06/15/2020 07:08:13 PM : Queue Started

06/15/2020 07:08:56 PM : Queue Stopped
- Encoding Time: 38:29:47
06/15/2020 07:08:56 PM : Encoding Failed

06/15/2020 07:11:38 PM : Queue Started

06/15/2020 07:16:16 PM : Queue Paused

06/15/2020 07:16:23 PM : Queue Stopped

- Source File: /var/folders/c2/f4qry61d19b3slg5l1t9hq_80000gn/T/Mariachi 360 June 11_4.prproj
- Output File: /Volumes/4TB RsE 2020/2020 Photos/Mariachi 360 Songs/Besame Mucho Prerna.mp4
- Preset Used: Match Source - High bitrate
- Video: 5760x2880 (1.0), 29.97 fps, Progressive, Software Encoding, 00:04:45:20
- Audio: AAC, 320 kbps, 48 kHz, Stereo
- Bitrate: VBR, 1 pass, Target 10.00 Mbps, Max 12.00 Mbps
- Encoding Time: 00:04:34
06/15/2020 07:16:22 PM : Encoding Failed

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some useful information would be how many drives of what type and connectivity to the computer are you using during that export operation? How much free space do you have on the drive you are exporting to? Note that Premiere often needs 4-5 times the open or free space available on a drive compared to the expected file size of the export.

Are any of the media involved coming from a cloud-synced folder service such as dropbox? If so, then when that service 'syncs' to the local folder, that operation can trigger this response.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil for looking into this. I'm exporting out of one WD Passport drive which has 2.5TB still available so that shouldn't be the issue as the files I export are about 2-3 GB big. No Cloud-syncing is happening of any kind, everything is local. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have screen saver off ??? sleep mode off ?

other stuff from OS can disrupt program cause the program is often doing stuff the OS is not aware of when the OS wants control of your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may have been an issue, I'm guessing the settings should be as seen on the attached image?

Anything else I'd have to check or change? 

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 11.55.12.png

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, I would always use the laptop with DC power for editing. You can use battery when in the field to xfer data from SD cards ( camera to computer ) and simple stuff, but for editing use DC.

Turn off that 'switch graphics modes' thing.

Make it NEVER go to sleep.

keep the thing checked for don't let it sleep if that option is still available ( probably not ) after you do the other stuff.

You basically don't want the OS to have any control over your edit program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, as you can see on the picture I posted, I'm working off of DC power and not the battery. So basically just leave the settings as they are there except for turning off 'Automatic Graphics Switching' 

yeah?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, and never go to sleep ( i think you have it set to 3 hours ? ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My approach ( I'm an old person ) to fixing things is to eliminate as many variables as possible from the start of solution. You already got the diagnosis ( stopped by user which could be OS or another program running concurrently ). So I do that when I set up an editing computer to begin with now. Basically turn everything OFF that might interfere with my editing. Part of that editing is when you export and it's working it's heart out ( is very demanding on resources.. chips, drives, etc. ) but takes time ... and during that time your other stuff kicks in and interupts it. So, that's the first thing I do from the beginning of setting up the computer ( due to experiences ). 

After that ( eliminate probable cause of interuption ) I would look ( in your case using laptop) into heat issue.

After that you're basically screwed cause nobody here knows the programming of Adobe stuff.

I guess I would try to export a smaller dimension in your case... 5k wide screen can maybe be proxied and exported at slightly less resolution for your delivery ??

Anyway, good luck, and thanks for posting such a good illustration of your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your insightful thoughts! I was hoping that a programmer or Adobe engineer could maybe also shine light on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This forum is user-to-user help, not a communication forum with the developers. We do get oversight from the product support staff, but only occasionally do engineers/developers pop in here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines