• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder CC 2020 won't open in macOS

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open Media Encoder 2020 but a message came up, "Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue." 

I'm using MacBook Pro & macOS Catalina v 10.15.2 (i just updated).  Help!

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
Download and install , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! (iMac Pro Catalina v 10.15.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the delay in response @davidm. This does not sound ideal. Could you share more details before we proceed with troubleshooting?

• Are you getting this issue only with AME 2020?
  • Has it ever worked fine? Did you try reinstalling the application?

Looking forward to the response.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.
Catalina 10.15.2

Media encoder 14.0 suddenly won't launch from AE.

Updated to 14.0.1 and problems persists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did is to delete the Media Encoder application from your hard drive, reboot your computer and then reinstall the application.  😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened  on Mac Catalina 10.15.3   I had zero issues until I went to export from AE.  After that PR nor AE would export to ME.  ME would lock and not launch on it's own even after updated.  Had to uninstall and reinstall.  Definiatly a bug in there somewhere on ME updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Also encountered the same problem and I am running Catalina 10.15.3  It was working fine until about 2 days ago, when it refused to open.

I uninstalled Encoder and restarted. I then reinstalled it and I still have the same problem.

You mentioned delete.  Should I try again and just drag the program to the trash instead of uninstall?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did trash the application and restart and reinstall and it still doesn't open up with the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME does not launch in Catalina 10.15.6

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)  3.1 GHZ Quad with 16GB, Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

*** Please respond with fix as we've tried complete reinstall and restarts including using Adobe Cleaner Tool.  Makes me wonder why I'm paying you $$$ ever month for this.  If you don't have a fix, I'd like my rate reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. 

macOS 10.15.6

Media Encoder 14.3.1

It crashes shortly after the loading screen. An error report screen comes saying it encountered a problem and needs to close. I've unstalled and reinstalled several times. I even tried to use the installer cleaner tool, but there was nothing to clean. Finally, I installed version 14.2, and everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Big Sure

AME 2020

It worked fine when I had older system Sierra and earlier version AME (I should upgrade system to upgrade After Effect and AME)

Now I cant export my animation to AME 😞

"Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue."

I did reinstall, but it not works 😞

Please help - exams are close

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Is the troubleshooting going anywhere?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! It worked one time by luck and never again could I open it. It has to be a bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, the latest update on my Mac has resulted in Media Encoder not working for me.

I uninstalled and reinstalled both Adobe After Effects and Media Encoder, and still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you finde any solution ,my issue like you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem. Not only with Media Encoder, but also with Premiere. Tried to reinstall them etc to no success. Also tried the online suggestions with files in library (SL cache). Also to no success!!!

I'm running 10.15.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem,

When I create a proxy of a video with Premier Pro, it gives me an error when I open media encoder. While it’s opening, appears the following error:

“Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue.”

And after that, it closes. But, if I open it separately, it works correctly.

I have tried to install a previous version of Media Encoder and now it does not give an error when opening, but when the program is opened, no queued file appears.

I don’t know what to do…

INFO:

macOS Catalina.  V10.15.4

Premier Pro 14.0.4

Media Encoder 14.0.3 (Files do not appear), 14.0.4 (Error when opening).

I need help I cannot continue without creating a proxy…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I went to make proxies in PP and ME gave me the same error and now it will not open at all.  I have unistalled and reinstalled 4 times.  Still will not open.  I am running an iMac Pro 2017 running Catalina 10.15.3
3GHz 10 core Intel xeon w
64GB RAM
SSD
Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry to see that AME is giving an error while you're trying to launch. I researched and found an article.

Check it out: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/products-crash-launch-macos.html

I understand that the version mentioned in the article is old. However, the steps mentioned are still applicable.

Please give it a try and let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the same issue. I'm using Adobe Media Encoder 14.1 with Adobe Animate (All up to date) on iMac Catalina 10.15.4. AME even crashes when trying to boot it directly. None of the options provided that I have tried worked, but I left off on option 4. The Creative Cloud Cleaner looks sketchy to a person who just uses their computer and does not often go deeper into it (that's why I have a Mac).

I believe that my payment to Adobe every year is supposed to make sure that all my Adobe products are up to date, compatible, running smoothly and all I have to do is use them. What is the plan from here. Will Adobe fix this? When?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I want to make sure my money is spend right on applications that actually work .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix seemed to work for me! I am running an iMac Late 2014 with 32 GB RAM + Catalina and was having the same issues with Media Encoder mentioned above. Very slow launch, then once it finally launched, it gave me the error that it had to quit and to contact Adobe. So I followed the steps in Opton 2 from the link Shivangi provided above, i.e. opened the cache folder for Adobe Media Coder and deleted all the folders 12, 13, 14 in the cache folder for ME. Then I relaunched Media Encoder and it worked perfectly with Premiere Pro. It should be noted that I manually deleted the old versions of the Media Encoder before I ran this fix, but I don't think that was related. Thanks for the link Shivangi! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm the 14.4 update has not helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same problem ever since updating to MacOS Catalina.  I've tried the fixes you've suggested. I REALLY need Adobe to get on this and fix it. This is destroying workflows.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me? WTH???

Worked like a charm before update and now nothing... not even the older version of AME.

I have a weekly edit workflow that is now all shot to heck...

I can export directly out of AE but it's dissapointing to have to change my workflow that's been working for months now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines