• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder CC (trial version) stopped working

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to continue using Media Encoder but it now refuses to run.  I receive the following message:

The grace period for this product has expired. In order to continue using Media Encoder, please purchase a Creative Cloud subscription.

I have a Creative Cloud subscription!  So, what's the deal?  My Creative Cloud Apps area just lists Open or View Tutorials, Uninstall as the options for Media Encoder.  There is no option to change to a standard install, etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey CapVideo,

Sorry for your issue!

Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app and check if you're logged in with the email address that has an Adobe subscription associated with it?

Additionally, if you launch Premiere Pro and then queue something to AME, do you still get the same message?

Let us know.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Rameez,

Thank you very much for your response. I was indeed logged in to Creative Cloud. Also, I do not have Premiere (I am an Avid editor). I do have Audition as a part of CC, and have enjoyed the versatility of Encoder for both audio and video.

You need to know that this morning (I couldn’t get anything to function for access to Encoder yesterday), Creative Cloud informed me that there were updates available for 3 apps. When I checked the updates, one of them was for Media Encoder. I ran the updates on all of them – Media Encoder then opened normally.

So, at this point, all is working. The really bad thing here is that I was not able to use this tool yesterday when I needed it. As a professional, I expect the tools that I pay for (Creative Cloud) to function at all times. When something like this happens, I question the value of your products. You make some extraordinary production tools for the creative arts and many of us depend on them – however, whereas we used to be able to purchase a license/software package and install the program, we must now pay a subscription to use the product – I do not like this, but if I want to use Audition, I’m trapped in your system. In this case, the very system you now use to control our access to your products malfunctioned and kept me from using the program at all.

If these issues continue, I’ll simply replace your software with something I can “own” and depend upon in the normal manner.

Again, thank you for your quick response – it appears that something in your Creative Cloud update process interfered with my access and did not initiate the update properly until today.

Sincerely,

Randall Rocke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines