• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder CC2017 poor quality h264 - red edges too sharp

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

h264 has always turned out blocky red edges from AME but now it seems even worse than before. Although the blocks look smaller, the sharpening effect produces rough, dark edges which are now clearly obvious no matter how high the quality. Is this a problem across all .264 encoders? Is there a remedy? I'm sending to AME CC2017 from AE CC2017.

compare.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. The anti aliasing on red edges seems to fade to a dark red instead of into alpha. When this is rendered out the red gets that dark edge to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you are sending from AE 2017, I wonder if there isn't an unrelated issue causing you some pain. A bug was introduced in the CC2017 version where AE comps queued to AME would export at whatever resolution the comp was set to instead of defaulting to always export at Full Resolution as it has in the past. Could you please verify that your comp's resolution setting is at Full and try the export again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the bug the very time I used AME17. A comp in AE viewed at 1/4 resolution would render at 1/4 the size it should.
I'm my case I'm rendering at full resolution (comp view and settings in AME), I've upped the bitrate to 100mbps in AME and still getting the red anitialiasing issue, though not as bad as say 10mbps. This definitely seems to be an issue with H264 though. I'm getting similar results in squeeze when converting an uncompressed QT I have previously exported from AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm at full resolution and aware of the AE comp resolution bug Thnord, thanks for pointing out. Interesting Paul you have similar results with Squeeze too. As you say this points to an issue with the .264 codec. Perhaps there's a certain amount of sharpening applied during .264 encode which is seemingly amplified on red edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines