• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder CC2019 drops audio from AVCHD

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, I am trying to convert AVCHD files(*.MTS) into .MOV before editing them in Premiere Pro.

However, CC2017,2018, 2019 versions of Media Encoder drop the audio when I do this.

I know the audio is there because if I convert the AVCHD files to *.mov files with EditReady I can now seed the audio and edit in Premiere Pro.

I am on a Mac with Mojave with OS 10.14.2 which I think should have the DolbyCodec support.

Any idea why EditReady can do this but not MediaEncoder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everyone, I am also having this issue. I am trying to convert AVCHD files to .mov (specifically with the Apple ProRes 422 codec). When I export, very few of the clips are fine. The rest all drop the audio after a few seconds (or more like 10%) of the clip has played, and some of the audio is totally out of sync with the video. I am following this tutorial for exporting -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4j3Gm5dhqM. So if for some reason I should be using a different code please let me know. I am an intermediate user but don't really have a clue about codec's and which to use for what occasion. I am converting to .mov because the rest of my footage from my main 4K camera is .mov and I am on a Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines