• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder changes the dimensions of my video

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its' been a looooong time since I've used Flash (now Animate) and I'm having some trouble figuring out how to encode my videos properly without it changing the dimensions of my videos. I've burned about 4 hours trying to figure this out myself... so here I am.

Here's what I've done:

1. I created two set of short animations in Animate (5 second videos) that are two different sizes (1200x675 and 1440x1080) which I will need in two different formats (mov and mp4).

2. Export > Video (all are approx 475mb files before I encode them)

3. Then I dragged those .mov files into the Media Encoder queue

4. Change format to Quicktime or h.264 (I need some in each format)

5. Edit the preset

• uncheck "Export Audio"

• Basic video settings » select Match Source

6. Press play....

Here's the problem:

1. The videos that I encode as .mov are still 100mb — I believe these come out the correct dimensions.

2. And the videos I export as .mp4 come out around 7mb (this is great), but it vertically squishes them.

How do I get them both to export smallest file size and the same dimensions they are before I encode them?

I attached screencaps of my setting for both...

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Your issue lays in here: 

Inkedsettings.gif

I guessin that you work with square pixels in Animate/Flash and export with square pixels. And when you cnoverting (as shown on your screenshot) to mov you also used square pixel but during exporting to h264 you are using non square pixel (PAR 1,33). I know that you use "match source" button but sometimes that does not work as it should and it can interprete some settins wrong - as it did in your case. 
So to fix that - just change 1,33 HD Anamorphic pixel to 1,0 square

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issue lays in here: 

Inkedsettings.gif

I guessin that you work with square pixels in Animate/Flash and export with square pixels. And when you cnoverting (as shown on your screenshot) to mov you also used square pixel but during exporting to h264 you are using non square pixel (PAR 1,33). I know that you use "match source" button but sometimes that does not work as it should and it can interprete some settins wrong - as it did in your case. 
So to fix that - just change 1,33 HD Anamorphic pixel to 1,0 square pixel in h264 export settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes no difference. The width can be adjusted to any amount yet the height is stuck on one size. And it can be toggled to any size except the one I need... Is this a bug???? Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the trouble. Could you specify the version of the Adobe applications you are facing issues with?

We're here to help.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shivangi,

I have this issue too. I'm using After Effects to create the animation video and Media Encoder 23.3.1 H.264 to compress the file, my .mov file dimension is 720 x 875, but H.264 changes it to 720 x 874, it can increase to 876. But just not 875. My video ended up with a grey line on the side. I tried different scenarios but still not working. Is there a work around or a fix? Thanks

Regards

K3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what imeilfx said. In case you don't know, you have to uncheck the grey checkbox to change the aspect ratio.

By the way (a little off topic), I see that your frame rate is 30fps for your .mp4 and 1fps for your .mov. Is your video ok at 1fps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines