• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder - Changing CFA cache

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to export a very long timeline (about 2.5 hours). While exporting, AME first processed all the audio files (144 total).

However, my computer is set up with 3 drives, 1 boot/software ssd, 1 larger caching ssd, and 1 long-term hdd.

The media cache and database are both set to a folder on the larger caching ssd (500gb), but when the encoding starts, the audio files are cached onto the boot drive (only 120gb). This is a problem because that disk runs out of space, and the final video results in missing audio.

How can I change this? Again, the media cache/database are already set to the caching ssd. I can't find any setting to fix this.

I already tried uninstalling/reinstalling AME from the boot drive to the cache drive, it didn't change anything. Do I need to move Premiere too?

Thanks!

System information:

All software up to date (CC 2018)

Windows 10 64-bit

Intel 6700k

Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb

16gb RAM

Edit:

After looking deeper into it I determined that it is the CFA cache (C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe Adobe Media Encoder Audio Previews) that is overflowing. How do I move this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears that AME shares this location with Lightroom.

I limited the size in Lightroom preferences for Lightroom but it also appears that you may designate the location in the AME preferences.

video cache.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines