• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder Crashes While Opening When Creating Proxies.

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, thanks in advance for your help. 

I'm somewhat new to Premiere and Media Encoder and I'm trying to make proxies for drone footage I recently shot. I've never made proxies before, but followed a tutorial to create the preset and ingest files in encoder to use in Premiere. 

When I go to use that preset in Premiere to create a proxy of a video file, it will open Media Encoder which gives the following message and closes. 

"Adobe Media Encoder Error

Adobe Media Encoder has encoutered an unexpected error and cannot continue."

Also if I try to create a proxy again right after Encoder closes, Enoder doesn't open at all - I have to quit Pemiere first and reopen Premiere. 

If I try to create the proxy after opening Encoder first, I get the message "Creating Proxy Jobs," but the job is never created in Encoder. 

I have the same problem if I use the pre-loaded proxy presets included in Premiere instead of the custom one I created by following the tutorial... 

I'm not quite sure what to do. 

Thank you! Any help is appreciated. 

I'm using a MacBook Pro with the following Specs: 

3.5GHz Dual Core Intel i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Memory

I'm using the 2020 version of Adobe Premiere and Encoder  

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Ideally, AME should not give any such error while creating proxies. We'll make sure the issue gets sorted ASAP.

• Which tutorial are you following?
  • Have you tested the issue with different set of proxy settings(format, resolution, etc)?
  • What are the properties(format, resolution, etc) of the media file for which you are creating proxy? Do you experience the same issue with multiple files?

Please share more details.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines