Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder don't use full CPU

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I render videos in two machines: one uses up to 90% of CPU resources, the other only up to 20%. The latter renders same files way slower, even though it has more RAM 32 (versus 16 in the other pc) and both have similar intel quad core processors. What could be the reason behind this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There can be many reasons:
- different AME version
- different CPU
- different ram
- support for mercury engine
- different drive setup (hdd/ssd configuration)

What is exactly going on in your case - hard to say but it will probably be one (or more) of those above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Arkliaiyralabaiprotingi,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand you are getting different performance for the same project on two different computers. I agree with imeilfx . There can be any of these reasons causing the issue. Along with it, I would like to mention that encoding video is a linear process of opening any input frames, processing and then saving the output frame. It works as a stream. The effects applied, project complexity also adds up to the amount of the CPU being utilized on different machines for the same project. We need to know all the hardware and project information before jumping to any conclusion.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines