• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder - Exports Wrong Audio

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem since the beginning of the year when I put anything in Encoder it exports the wrong audio. Say if someone is talking on the video, it'll have the completely wrong audio for it. I then go back to the Premiere project and the audio is fine and end up having to export it via Premiere, which is a waste of time when I could be getting on with editing another video.

We thought this problem could have something to do with the Macs that we use, so we got new ones, but this hasn't solved the problem. I've just updated to the 12.1.1 update, as I saw this fixed some bug issues but it still hasn't exported properly.

I've been on the chat and on the phone with Adobe, but every time they try to help they just delete a bunch of cache files but that doesn't work.

I really hope someone can help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By wrong audio do you mean it is using audio from another media file?

Does this happen in every project?

If you start a new project with only 1 media file, make a new sequence with it, and export through Media Encoder, does the wrong audio show up again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it takes audio from another media file.

This has happened more than once and not just on my Mac.

We use more than one media file as we edit Wedding videos, which last up to 30 mins long. So it is very frustrating when I wait for Media Encoder to finish exporting and the audio is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you normally work with more than one media file, the reason I asked for you try a new project with one file was to see if the "wrong audio" file was being pulled from the same project or elsewhere.

Try this:

Navigate to /Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

(The user library folder is hidden by default, in Finder, you may have to hold option, click Go at the top menu bar, then click Library)

Should be several folders in here. Delete (or rename)

Media Cache

Media Cache Files

What may be happening is that your sequences are referencing old files in your cache that were named the name as in previous projects. This has happened to my editors on occasion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so every time I go to export delete all the cache files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, do this once and see if it resolves your issue for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing this issue at our organization too. It is costing us money by creating incorrect audio files being sent out for transcription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you follow the steps outlined above? Yasmincam stopped responding so I assume clearing his cache resolved his issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleared the cache files and exported from encoder and it worked. However, I exported from another project and it did not work. As I said in my first question deleting cache files is not a permeant solution, but it is the only option that Adobe can suggest, which is not very useful as I cannot keep deleting the cache files and then waiting for audio to load. It's very frustrating and a big time waster.

Sorry for sounding blunt but I've had this encoder problem for 6 months...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's be clear: Adobe is not suggesting to clear the cache. I am. I do not work for Adobe, I just use their software like you.

Your second project: does it by any chance use any of the same files as the first project? Or does it contain different files but perhaps they have the same file names? Also are both these projects cache location set to the same folder?

You could attempt to pick a different cache folder as well, see if that helps with the issue.

(I'm just throwing out ideas, I haven't had this exact issue before but I've had similar ones where examining what I've stated above as helped)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this issue since 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the original file names to something different. Make sure there are no duplicate names.

Could not for the life of me find the cache files on windows 10! Please show images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image 7.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this very same issue with Media Encoder for years (at least 4 years) and over many, many versions of the application and the Mac OS.  In my case it usually occurs where there is an audio dissolve, but not always.  Every few months I'll start trying to export with Media Encoder again, and some exports will work fine, then I'll have the glitch again and regrettably go back to exporting straight from Premiere.  It's maddening.  So wish it would be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may help moving forward - copy ENTIRE contents of SD card to a unique folder on hard drive. Keep original folder structure of SD card, copy it all over.

In Premiere, Import footage using Media Browser, rather than File > Import method. This should eliminate the problems you are having.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why, if I might ask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that Premiere ALWAYS plays and exports the correct audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Why, if I might ask?"

1) That is what Adobe recommends

2) Will import spanned clips as one video clip, avoids gaps/glitches on timeline

3) Can help with audio issues for some clips

4) Can help keep files with same names separated (your issue)

5) And so forth

Consider that you might have clips from several SD cards, all having the same name of 0001.mts for example. When you just Import those clips, and Premiere creates temp audio files for that clip, it might possibly come back later and grab audio from the wrong 0001.mts clip. By using Media Browser, that considers more of the folder structure/path of the clip, along with supporting metadata within the SD card folder structure, that may help Premiere to see the clip as unique to better differentiate it from other clips with the same name.

I don't know the specific mechanics of it, I just know Media Browser is how I do it and have never had the mixed up audio. And of course the seamless joining of spanned clips (from long recordings) is reason enough to do it.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is in fact not my issue at all (files with same names) and I suspect

has nothing to do with this problem, but I'll give it a shot.

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 2:59 PM SAFEHARBOR11 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is _still_ happening. With a fresh install, on a brand new machine.

It is infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, still no good. It’s been at least 5 years now that I can’t export with media encoder. Amazing, isn’t it?

Sent from my Cosmic Ray Helmet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone resolved this issue? I am starting to have this same problem. My exports have not begun to export old audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This unfortunatly happens to me often as well. My solution is to manaully delete cache and restart PC. What a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone here facing this problem, my solution was to "save as" my after effects (or premiere if its your case) file, and give it a new name, add a number in the suffix for example. Then, from there, by re-adding the comp to the media encoder got it to render with the correct audio.
I believe it has something to do with some cache data that is stuck in a tmp folder somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved this by manually deleting the cached files.   In media encoder, you can find the path cached info.   I noticed that cleaning with the provided button did not delete all of the files and I still had issues with the wrong audio.  After manually deleting the cache files, it fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines