• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder fails likely bc of corrupt media, but can't find out how to fix the corruption

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej,

I've been trying to render out a project and after different render settings, lengths, and options, my Media Encoder keeps failing at one specific time stamp. I've come to the conclusion that my source After Effects file may be corrupted in some way, since the render completely gives out no matter if I render half, 1/4, or just the end of the composition, and no matter what adjustments are made to my render settings,

I'm unsure what I can do to rectify this issue, since in my source media at that specific time stamp, no new media is introduced (no new comps, frames, etc....seems to happen mid comp for one specific comp).

Any idea what I can do to rectify the issue? The report that's generated says the following:

Additional Info:
Media Encoder CC (12.1.2 Build 69) [and updated and tried again before posting this...no change]

After Effects CC (15.1.2 Build 69) [also updated]

Mac OSHigh Sierra 10.13.5

Not too sure about the codec, but I'm rendering out at H264, and in a .mp4 container... whether high bit rate/youtubehd/facebookhd/highquality hd, keep getting same failure at same time.

Tried with Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and with Acceleration....same results...... which is why all of this is making me think it's an issue with me source AE files and not the encoder, but I'm really not sure...

Any help appreciated!

- M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

So, I solved my own problem after trying every weird option to render this thing....

The issue was that a particular image that I was importing from Photoshop was MUCH too large.........almost 40k pixels wide. I didn't even realize this until I turned it off and noticed that everything could render properly....made the adjustment and the renders have been successful

Posting here in case anyone has similar problems..... I didn't catch the issue in AE because my preview was always at a low res, and

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, I solved my own problem after trying every weird option to render this thing....

The issue was that a particular image that I was importing from Photoshop was MUCH too large.........almost 40k pixels wide. I didn't even realize this until I turned it off and noticed that everything could render properly....made the adjustment and the renders have been successful

Posting here in case anyone has similar problems..... I didn't catch the issue in AE because my preview was always at a low res, and I would always export the render to high res... when I try to preview in high res, I get prompted with a more relevant error message.

Hope this helps others in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines