• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder (FLV conversion)

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on an Adobe Animate project.Trying to import an mp4 file which it will not. Looking for an FLV. Encoder, however, does not have an mp4 to FLV converter. How do I convert an mp4 to FLV?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Hi Mobeens,

Support for FLV and F4V has been removed from most of the video editing applications.

Please check this link for other available formats:

removal of FLV and F4V export features from Adobe Media Encoder, After Effects, and Premiere Pro | Creative Cloud blog b…

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mobeens,

Support for FLV and F4V has been removed from most of the video editing applications.

Please check this link for other available formats:

removal of FLV and F4V export features from Adobe Media Encoder, After Effects, and Premiere Pro | C...

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that. What do I do with Adobe Animate that still needs an FLV?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thousands of dollars to buy all this crap and I still need more to use it.. wtf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn it, this is absolutely ridiculous!

I just opened some old Animate (former Flash) projects, and needed to reimport the video files. Not only I realised this is only possible with FLV format, but Animate actually suggested to use Media Encoder to convert the videos into FLV. Surprize surprize, I was about to cry laughing, when ME opened, I found that there is no FLV option anywhere!

What a total bunch of incompetent crap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is by far the DUMBEST thing ever. I haven't had to use Flash or ANIMATE in a long time but i have to work on some old files & put them back in .swf format and the only way to do that is import them into FLASH.

Who's stupid ass at Adobe seriously dropped the ball on this one. You can only import & embed in FLV but you guys don't have ANY encoders?   what the heck did I spend ALL this money for since freakin Photoshop 2 was around.. just to keep running into issues like these. I don't understand how Adobe has made it this long in the business with dumb problems like these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree.  How can a company cerate a file format which becomes the de facto standard for several years, then just pull support for it altogether. Irresponsible!  The very least they could do would be to offer a stand alone FLV converter, but frankly, there is no good reason FLV import should be pulled from Media Encoder. If there is, I'd say Adobe's user base deserves a technical explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Now we need to pay for another media-encoderprogram of another company to solve this problem.

Can you add a FLV convertor in the next update of Media Encoder CC?

Best regards,

Karel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seconded!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handbrake, free open source, seems to do the FLV to (pick your codec) conversion easily enough. But yes, it's a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, indesign (2019) has this message when using the place image or video command and placing an mpeg.

temp.jpg

That's a frustrating bit of circular non-helpfulness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this. I too, am trying to import some video footage in Animate so I can draw a quick storyboard. One used to be able to just pop some video in and work with it. Now it says I can only use FLV. But - hey! - I can't convert to FLV, even having this whole overrated Creative Cloud monster.

This is sick (oh, no, it's simply Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need to encode a FLV video with alpha. AME CS4/CS5 is impossible to install or download. Great decision, Adobe. Don't know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines