• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder freezes on a specific clip while rendering (After Effects)

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to render a 23-second project in Media Encoder for around 2 days now. Whenever I try to render it, it goes smoothly, but then freezes on a certain frame. I've tried rendering the project about 3-4 different times and no matter what I do, the same thing happens. I reinstalled both AE and AME multiple times, however, nothing changed. I've emptied my disk cache and cleaned the database in Preferences. On the project, I have RSMB, MBL, Sharpen, and Unsharpen Mask on adjustment layers. I cut out the RSMB for the frame it got stuck on because it can glitch, but it didn't change anything. I've tried so many different methods from forums and I'm very frustrated because none of them worked. I tried rendering other files on my computer, and they render without freezing, so I'm sure it's something in my project. I'm wondering if the clip is somehow corrupted, which would be strange because it plays normally when I preview it at a third of the resolution. This project took a while to make, and all I want to do at this point is to render it without these issues because I'm sick of trying solutions that change nothing. If anyone could help me, that would be great. 

I'm rendering it in H.264 format. The dimensions of the project are 1080 x 1350 and it's 30 fps. I use After Effects 17.0.0 and Media Encoder 14.3.2. I'm using these programs on a Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing, I have the Sapphire plugins and I've been having issues with them lately. Though I reinstalled them and they seem to work fine now, I wonder if it's something having to do with that plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay.. so I have that clip precomposed and when I preview it in the precomposed composition, it makes my preview screen dark grey, like nothing's there. This has happened to me before but I fixed it somehow. I'm guessing this is why AME freezes at this frame.. any suggestions on how to fix this? 

panumbria5C4B_0-1604845862670.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines