• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder ignoring track matte when exporting AE composition.

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I'm having the issue described in the title. I have an animation that uses a track matte to mask everything in a particular shape. If I render this composition directly from AE it exports OK. But if I do it through Media Encoder said matte is ignored.

- How it should look (and how it looks rendered directly from AE):

withmatte.png

- How it renders with Media Encoder:

nomatte.png
I could use the lossless export from AE, place it in Premiere and render it OK from there with the specs I need, but the extra step is time consuming and annoying, specially as I need multiple version exported.

I'm using both After Effects CC 2018 and Media Encoder CC 2018 on Windows.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the whole animation is a lower third to be transmited on live TV, so it uses an alpha channel. I have this usue with both .mov and .mxf exports and NOT with PNG sequence exports.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, that's really weird and (I'm sure) rather frustrating. What exact version numbers of AE and AME are you using? Updates came out today for AE, Premiere, AME, etc. with a number of bug fixes and even so new features (like Content-Aware Fill for video), so maybe that issue is already fixed (but I don't usually recommend updating in the middle of a project).

I'm curious: why do you need to use AME at all? If you're not rendering to something like MP4, you should be able to do it directly from AE. You can even have AE do multiple outputs from one render simultaneously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using After Effects 15.1.2 (Build 69) and AME 12.1.2 (Build 69). Should these numbers match? Could that be the problem?

I need to render with some settings not available directly from AE, like MXF interlaced and stuff like that (for broadcast television), and I did have to render other compositions in mp4 aswell.

P.S: Content Aware Fill for video sounds really good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot form after effects, really the pictures you post didn't look same at all , so try to post a screenshot from the composition you try to render and the final render

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why not drop the Lossless export from AE into AME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines