Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder in Creative Cloud App

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to download the Free Trial for Media Encoder, once I click on the download it is meant to pop up/ open up on the Creative Cloud right?

However there is no display tab for apps and no Media Encoder anywhere.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Adobe Media Encoder (AME)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media Encoder is installed when you install either Premiere Pro or After Effects.

Download a free trial or buy Adobe products | Adobe free trials & downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru Bob, thanks for your response however I can’t find the Media Encoder anywhere on my laptop. Can you suggest anything else? I am/ want to render a project from After Effect 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to go to (in AE) Composition>Add to Media encoder render queue... ? Ad if you did go ther what happened? After going there AME should start and add your composition to render list.

zw[1].jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi imeilfx, yes I did and a pop up shows up and ask me to go to a link and download media encoder, which I have tried with no luck.

i am trying my luck with rendering it in quicktime- animation to see how this goes. What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Loyan,

If the apps tab is missing that means your IT Admin has disabled it while deploying the Creative Cloud.

Check the below link and try to enable it. Also, QT Animation is a lossless format and will give you huge file size (If file size is an issue). So, if you want to export an MP4 (H.264) codec then try installing Media Encoder. QT animation is also a good option for export.

Apps tab missing from the Creative Cloud desktop app

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Vinay, I will give this a try once my project finish rendering via QT animation. What is the difference if I may ask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Vinay, well from that post it seems like the H.264 would be what I need.

Let‘s see how this all pans out.....fingers crossed!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update all once it is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinay,

So just tried the steps suggested via the link but when I click on the last step to try and change the code from false to true the document doesn't open up. It pops up (bounce) and then shut down completely.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to "Save As" or make a duplicate copy of that file on Desktop?

If yes, then make a copy, edit it and then replace the original one with the copy. Make sure the extension of the file is correct.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No luck, same problem  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines