Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder is not linking video size correctly

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need some help, I have just download the new Adobe CC and now I wish I had not! I am having a problem with rendering out After Effects (AE) files in Adobe media encoder (AME). AME is not linking to the file correctly and when I render out a 1080p video in AME it is rendering it out as 480x270 even if I select match source nothing changes. If I set the size in AME physically then the video is the correct size but the quality is terrible.

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 6.50.08 am.png

The composition settings in AE are set to 1080p and I have been rendering things out like this until this recent download with not problems. I am currently going back to Adobe CC (15.3) to see if that will fix my issue. This is a screen shot of the AE composition setting

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 6.49.12 am.png

Please help this is really F@#king me over and super annoying.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Here is more info on this issue.

Known issues in After Effects CC 2017

Composition sent from/to Premiere Pro via Dynamic Link appears in a lower resolution

Issue

• When you send an After Effects composition to Premiere Pro or from Premiere Pro to After Effects via Dynamic Link, the composition appears in lower resolution. For example, if you send a 1920 x 1080 composition to Premiere Pro, Premiere Pro displays it in 960 x 540 resolution.
  • When you render an After Effects composition using Adobe Media E

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sound like the Dynamic link server is not working correctly. I would try clearing preferences and cache as a first step. Also check that you are running the same version of AE..

If all else fails you could still render directly out of AE using the RQ using an intermediate codec to an AME watchfolder. More work, more space but should get around the problem short-term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the correct solution

AME keeps encoding at quarter resolution of the original when added from AE

You have to set your resolution in AE to full before saving.. stupid!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops - I just realised how that read !! I didn't mean you were stupid - I meant that it is extremely stupid that AME is doing that! LOL

Adobe should fix it because I can't think of a single instance where a preview resolution would be used as a way to set output dimensions in a render program..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was like that wasn't very nice mate lol. All my resolutions are set to full in AE so I don't understand what you mean when you say

"You have to set your resolution in AE to full before saving" unless I'm missing something.

I have already done the normal cache and preference settings and both programs are the same versions not sure why it is still happening. I have gone back to the previous versions of AE and AME and it works fine I'll get what I need to get done then try and find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is more info on this issue.

Known issues in After Effects CC 2017

Composition sent from/to Premiere Pro via Dynamic Link appears in a lower resolution

Issue

• When you send an After Effects composition to Premiere Pro or from Premiere Pro to After Effects via Dynamic Link, the composition appears in lower resolution. For example, if you send a 1920 x 1080 composition to Premiere Pro, Premiere Pro displays it in 960 x 540 resolution.
  • When you render an After Effects composition using Adobe Media Encoder via Dynamic Link, the output is rendered in a lower resolution. For example, a 1280 x 720 composition is rendered as a 640 x 360 output.

Workaround

Change the resolution at the bottom of the Composition panel in After Effects to Auto or Full, and then send it to Premiere Pro via Dynamic Link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem...

thanks for the workaround pshankar.

adobe you should fix this. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's hope they get a proper fix for this soon as a small oversight in changing your AE comp res can completely mess up a very long render - no matter what the settings in AME. Bloody stupid if you ask me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems to be in the last adobe's update !
With CC 2015.3 you could export it with quarter resolution preview from AE or Pr and get the full one on Media Encoder but now it's not anymore !

B regards,

HR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very stupid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2021 Now and AME still have this stupid bug. OMG!
I have a problem, where AME won't render video to cover the whole screen but a tiny square in the top left corner and the rest of it is black. https://prnt.sc/106pdxa
Thanks for the answer mate, it worked for me, just had to put it to a full resolution before sending it to AME queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Media Encoder (AME)​ whys is this bug still not fixed?

I urgently have to batch render a whole lot of ae comps and they all turn out miserable after render.

full HD size, but only third of the resolution...!

if I have to do the work around, I have to manually adjust all my after effects project files... (32)

we pay a lot of money every month so we expect updates to improve the program, not getting a program that is worse and gives troubles and thus extra work. we need to beat deadlines and because of these bugs we could loose clients...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrible bug!  We need a real fix ASAP. 

My workflow is now broken. "Thanks" for the update Adobe!

Already made me miss a couple of tight deadlines because of bad renders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines