Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder not connecting with Dynamic Link

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All apps are all updated 2020 versions.

All apps are installed in the same folder.

Premiere Pro CC 2020 will not queue media to AME through File -> Export -> Media -> Queue

After Effects CC 2020 will not connect with AME when rendering through AME

PP and AE also cannot communicate when I replace media with AE composition.

Possible cause of problem:
Deleted creative cloud apps folders from C drive then moved default installation to my other drive. All apps installed fine and are all working except for dynamic link.

I have tried the following:

Uninstalled all apps again - Did not work

Uninstalled AME then reinstalled - Did not work

Temporary workaround:

In AME I did:

File -> Add Premiere Pro Sequence/AE Composition and AME successfully added them to the queue.

Thoughts? Should I do a clean installation of the entire creative cloud app? How do I do that?

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue.  This seems to be an issues that goes back several years and several versions.  Sad to say, "every upgrade isn't really an upgrade."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution to this problem.  I deleted Adobe files in Cache folder:  Finder menu, Press Option Key then click Go, pick Library.  Click Caches folder, then delete Adobe folder.  After that, click documents on the finder window, then delete Adobe folder.  This will remove specific files from Adobe, it consist of customized files and other files from previous Adobe Versions.  Then delete Premiere and Media Encoder.  Install the updated version 14.3 of Premiere and Media Encoder. 

After installing the updated version, Adobe recreates new folders in Cashes and Document.  Premiere and Media Encoder open and function.  The queue works from Premiere, but only if you open Media Encoder prior to initiating an export.  For some reason, if you don't have Media Encoder open, the Queue will not work.  There seems to be some corrupt files that are causing these issues.  However, it works for now.  I can now resume to editing.   Hope this can solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, I just purged All Memory and Disk Cache and it worked; simple and effective. Thank you Marcus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, thank you, this fixed the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically which 2020 version of After Effects are you on? I've read and personally noticed some Dynamic Link issues between After Effects 17.0.2 and Premiere Pro. I'm not sure about Media Encoder, but perhaps it's a similar deal? A solution worked that for me: I rolled back to the base number for 2020 (17.0 for After Effects, 14.0 for Premiere Pro, and 14.0 for Media Encoder). A little bit of a pain to try, I know, but I wonder if that will fix things for you, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count me in too as having the same issue with AFX and AME, both running the latest AFX is 17.0.6 Build 35, and AME is 14.1 Build 155. 

Definitely something with Dynamic Link not running or not working between the programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is INCREDIBLY frustrating Adobe. I very carefully update because of stuff like this. I was having buggy exports and localized the issue to encoder, upgraded to new encoder, now it can't communicate with premiere or AE. I am furious. People are throwing around an entire re-install of the suite to fix this? You have to be kidding me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the frustration. Below is what Adobe staff themselves have announced/explained, as well as options and/or workarounds as they investigate this.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/unable-to-render-export-after-effects-comps-through-med...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the frustration. Below is what Adobe staff themselves have announced/explained, as well as options and/or workarounds as they investigate this.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/unable-to-render-export-after-effects-comps-through-med...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still the case with the latest release today? v17.1 Curious if it's fixed, but don't want to install to find out 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of right now, Dynamic Link dowesn't work at all on my machine.

AE 17.1.1 and PR 14.3.0

When I "Replace with AfterEffects Composition" AE opens a blank timeline with the video in the project file, but the footage is "invisible". I can see that the should be there based on the ountlines and anchor point, but nothing is displayed. Very annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That said, I can export through AME. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm trying to teach an animation course, and I'm having to go through workaround after workaround with Creative Cloud. It's absolutely absurd.

First, half of my students couldn't access the h.264 codec to export the video. So I had to figure out a workaround using the Media Encoder. Then the Media Encoder wouldn't open because it said the file that installed it wasn't activated. So I had to find a workaround for that. And just when I thought I was getting somewhere, AME tells me that it can't connect to After Effects, and tells me to check to make sure it's installed. Well, I have it open, so clearly it's installed.

There are no words for how infuriating this kind of tedium is. I'm way behind schedule on a convoluted problem that has me diving into mountains of territory that I have no experience navigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is working for me as of version 17.1.1 Build 34 with After Effects and Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to version 22.0.0 and now I'm stuck with this problem again.. Yay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, now rendering in mov file right from the after effects render queue, than converting it into mp4 in media encoder for the client, frustrating 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem running Windows - dynamic link does not work connecting between AE and AME.

NOTE FOR ADOBE:
Dear Adobe engineers - the main reason myself and many others use Media Encoder to render an After Effects composition is to create a smaller, more manageable output such as an H264/MP4 export. Can I please, please, please suggest that you just add the ability to render this format direct from After Effects? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We appreciate you writing in. Could you test the issue after disabling hardware encoding under Preferences > Media?

Let us know the outcome.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue and I tried what you suggested.

It doesn't work and It's VERY frustating.

Regards,

Renato

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that doesn't work, sorry. I've seen that suggested elsewhere. I believe this is a bug in the new rollout of AE.

As mentioned, you will be heroes if you can add H264, MP4 output to AE rendering direct from the software itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me this is usually associated with cache. AE/settings/media & Disk Cache/Empty Disk Cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[SOLVED] If you have a preset that you use try double-clicking it in your "Preset Browser" located in the media encoder, your files should show up. It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines