• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder not encoding full file

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a watch folder set up within Media Encoder 2020, I've noticed that sometimes the encoder will look as though it is finished, and it uploads to my Vimeo account, however it has only encoded the first minute or so of the video, then running the same file through again it completes the full video, has anyone else experienced this?

Most of the exports come out of Avid Media Composer. Currently running on macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Watch folders

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you exporting from Avid Media Composer directly into AME watch folder? or, copying the file to watch folder after the file is fully exported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting from Avid directly into the AME watch folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME checks to make sure a file in the watched folder is not growing by checking the file size after a certain short interval and so it is possible that in your case Avid app did not update that file for long enough time for AME to think that file is ready to be processed. Hence the premature processing of the file. I don't know if there is a setting in Avid app to move the file after the export is done or some other way to potentially solve this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi pshankar, 

I'm experiencing similar issue for my Media Encoder watch folder. My media size is 50GB. It took me around 4 minutes to copy the media into the watch folder. But the problem is, media encoder begin to process the media even before the file is fully copied into the watch folder. Thus, the export failed because the file is incomplete. Does media encoder able to detect growing file? Is they any way to overcome this issue?

Please advise.

Thanks,

QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines