The problem happens when trying to render Premiere Pro sequences which contain After Effects compositions.
This problem is only occurring when rendering with Adobe Media Encoder.
This is my usual workflow:
1. I edit sequences in PP which contain audio and video.
2. I switch to AE to produce animation and titles, then I drag and drop the AE composition into the PP project bin, in order to use it into the sequence timeline described in point 1.
3. If I render the timeline using PP no problem occurs, BUT if I render the timeling through AME, the rendering process does not even starts, AME rendering queue just freezes at 0%.
- AME Error Report does not show any problem. It just says "operation stopped by user" as I actually force quit AME after it freezes.
- The problem does not occur if rendering directly in PP or AE.
- The problem ALWAYS occurs when the PP sequence contains any AE composition, no matter if compositions are pretty simple, no matter the secquences' settings.
- The problem happens since always, no matter the CC version of the softwares.
- PP, AE, AME and my system are set to the same language, and are all updated to the latest CC version.
- MacBook Pro 2017 w/ latest macOS Catalina
- CPU: 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core
- RAM: 8gb
- GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
Has anyone of you ever experienced something similar?
I really need to render my sequences using AME, it would save me lot of time!
Thanks for the detailed post. We have identified this as a known issue when the encoding remains stuck at 0%. Our product team is aware of it and they are actively woking on a fix.
Meanwhile, we have found a workaround which has worked for many users. Check it out: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-solve-encoding-export-stuck-at-0-with-premier...
Let us know if it helps you.