• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder not responding

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open Media Endoder normally, but when I import a file, it gets stuck and the program crashes. 

It was working fine till last week, I have no idea what happened.

There is no cache to clean, I have already tried it.

I have already tried uninstalling and installing it again and I have already tried Adobe Cleaner Tool.

The screenshot is in Portuguese but I don't really think it matters.

Anyways, I hope someone can help me, because I really need this program.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific version of AME are you using? If you're already using the latest (14.2) then you can try to install the new public beta from the Creative Cloud App > Beta Apps section and see if that works for you. This is a completely separate install and will not affect your current installation. If you're not using Dynamic Link and only want to import files directly to AME then this solution could get you going for now. If you did want to send comps from After Effects or Premiere then you would need to install those beta versions too so the Dynamic Link version is the same between all three apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for the inconvience this issue is causing for you. We have identied this to be an issue with unsupported Hardware in the newest version, 14.2.0 of AME and Premiere Pro. But please see the following links for more information and troubleshooting help.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder/media-encoder-14-2-crashes-all-the-time-after-upd...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-2020-crash-when-clicking-export-media/td-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues with version 14.8. I haven't tried disabling the gpu proceesing yet but I'm using an  AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT which is a 6 gb card and new.  This issue of crashing didn't happen until 14.2.  I'm installing the beta to see if this resolves the issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the latest beta and it crashes.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a compatibility problem that arose as a result of the last update of the AMD drivers, I have had this problem since the beginning of January and I see that there are several related entries in the forum. Today a new AME update was released and it continues to fail, my solution was to use the render queue of AE and later rendering with HandBrake is a longer process, but so far it is the only solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I got it to work.  I went into AME and went into the preferences and set it to software encoding.  This fixed up the crashing issue. When the project is encoding I noticed it says "progressive hardware encoding amd codec".  I'm assuming that it is still using my hardware to render this but it is supposidly turned off.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update,  after turning on software rendering the video will render for about 10 minutes then crash.  I'm going to install an older version and see if this fixes.  Never had these issues pre 14.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue is resolved.  Turns out my 5700xt graphics driver had the latest beta driver installed.  I went back to the recommended version and it works perfectly now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'm having this issue without using Premiere Pro, using AE (latest). On a Mac. What now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have simillar issue. Can not export any videos out of after effects. Its so annoying. Any fix we have? I have latest version of Media encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems there is no fix, just hope Adobe fixes things. Really unfortunate for those of us with deadlines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled and re installed media encoder and that worked for me. Also updated latest version of AE and PR. Hope that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines