• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder Quits during encoding with no error logs

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting from an After Effects project, Media Encoder will quit halfway through the job without any error logs. This started happening after the most recent update. It happens with the H.264 and HEVC (H.265) encoder. Using gpu acceleration makes Media Encoder quit after reading the XML files, and using software only lets the project get about halfway through before crashing. Changing the preset does not change the outcome. Changing the file destination does not change the outcome. Any ideas?

PC Specs
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

VRAM: 8176 MB

Memory: 16GB GDDR6 1750 MHz

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor - 6 Cores

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export or render , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that reinstalling Media Encoder has not resolved the issue. I am also using the most recent, recommended Radeon gpu drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue! I have the same specs as you except I have more memory. I did unistall the latest version and reinstall an older version and got it to work once. Disabling hardware acceleration seems to work better but it still crashes. A regular uninstall and reinstall didn't help at all for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting! I wonder if it's an AMD issue. I also got it to work once by just restarting the export but this method hasn't worked since. Hopefully, Adobe can figure this issue out, as it's getting difficult to do content creation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems it is an AMD/Adobe issue. I had issues with Fresco a while back and it seemed to be a similar issue. Now that it's working Media Encoder is not, which is far worse for me. I have seen several people with the same issue but I haven't seen anyone form Adobe even acknowledge that it is an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue and I have the same exact specs as you, I installed the latest firmware to GPU about a week or so ago but the problem still occurs... I have dynamically linked After Effects compositions on my timeline but I'm pretty sure I tried one without the dynamically linked compositions and believe it happened regardless of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Radeon 6800 XT and Ryzen 9 3900x !! Last week no problem with the same file but on i7 and GTX.... I'm tired of compatibility problem... 80€ /month for that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tengo el mismo problema.!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines