• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder render extremely slow

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render speed of Media Encoder (2018) is x4 slower than premiere pro cc 2018 in same File export with same rendering settings.

Rendering time of the file (4K video. H.264 Mp4.  2 min. length) :  Premiere Pro - 9 min, 

Media encoder - 41 min

My System:  AMD Ryzen Threadripper x1950 (16-core)

GeForce GTX 1070

64G RAM of DDR4

2 x 256G SSD

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi arkadia80581411,

In Media Encoder Preferences > General > Uncheck "Import sequences natively" & try export again.

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I unchecked the "Import sequences natively" option, same result. The premiere exporting process loading my CPU (all 16 cores) on 70-80% and GPU load is about 20-30%. Media encoder loading the CPU about 13% and GPU 1-2%. The export settings are same. the programm preferences are same too (GPU accellerated (CUDA)). I checked also with two different versions of Nvidia drivers. Not helps. I'll very happy to receive some solution from you. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just the situation that Media Encoder utilizes resources poorly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot. It worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe solution worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. All posted workarounds are not working.

I uninstalled Encode, removing preferences, and reinstalled.

I turned off parallel encoding

I turned off Also "import sequences natively"

Still, the render wants to take about 40 minutes.

But from Premiere, if I render without Queue it takes just over a minute.

Any more ideas? Maybe you folks could just enable queuing Inside of Premiere while you figure out what is broken? That would be super.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Adobe's suggestion work for you?  to uncheck "Import sequences natively"? my 18 hour export is almost done and I don't really want to stop it just to check this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the status of this problem?  Seems to have been persisting for years now.  I am using the current version of After Effets and Media Encoder and it took almost 2.5 hours this morning to encode a 4.5 minute AE video.  I could tell it wasn't working as hard as it should have because the fan of my Macbook Pro 2019 wasn't going on and it wasn't heating up.  I have an i9 with 32 GB of RAM and the resources were clearly not being utilized.  It does this intermittantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same problem on my MacBook Pro 2018...

Exporting Video Files in Media Encoder and After Effects is super slow.

My CPU is only used by 10-20%.

Any ideas ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having these issues with media encoder. The pandemic kept us from filming, but now that I am back I have 5 videos to render and it has taken 6 hours when it used to take 15 minutes... ADOBE, WHAT ARE YTOU GUYS DOING TO US????  This is ridiculous. I have spent more than 3 years dealing with lightroom issues that still aren't fixed. I can't deal with more workflow problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME. 

I'm trying to render a .wav podcast with one animation on it. The file is 1.3 GB. 

With my 2070, I never finished a project because after running it all night and waking up to it showing another 40 hours at FULL resources I said nope. 

Did a mild amount of research, but honestly not enough because I upgraded my ENTIRE setup. 2080ti, 10th gen i710700 64GB of Corsair vengeance DDR4 memory, and a Samsung SSD. A slightly smaller project is now on hour 7 with oh... only 13.5 to go....

Needless to say, I feel duped because I upgraded everything I could and dropped almost $2k in upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, same issues also with After Effects. Every release seems to be slower than the previous one. On Final Cut Pro export time is about 10-20% of the times from Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this issue as well. I was told Media encoder is faster than Premiere but I'm finding the opposite. I used ME to export my church's iPhone service for the web and the 1.5 hour video (very simple timeline, no color or effects) took 4 hours to export to 1080p h264 with "Import Sequences Natively" unchecked. There was one tweak to a title card so I made that change and exported using Prmeiere instead with all the exact same settings and it exported the same project in 1.75 hours instead of 4. My ME was set to the "Metal (recommended)" setting, "Import Sequences Natively" was unchecked, I have 18GB ram, quad 2.3Ghz Intel i7 and I had all other programs closed the entire 4 hours ME was running the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a very big issue.
Unlucky for me, trying to import my AE comp to render it from Premiere - simply kills/freezes Premiere.
ME is working. Slowly, but at least working. 
It counts aprox 15 hours for a 5 min tutorial video (screencast+animation; some effects, but nothing really heavy).

Setup:
 Ryzen 3700X (8 cores, 16 threads), 32 BG ram, GTX 1080. ME uses 13-45% of CPU and 2-20% of GPU.

P.S. This is a really sad situation, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QUICK UPDATE:
Render inside AE works really fast in my case. Took about 5 min for 5 min FHD video instead of 15 hours in ME.
So I render my comp with this settings:
format - quicktime
output info - Apple ProRes 422 HQ

I have .mov file aprox 3,2Gb as a result. Dropped it into HandBrake (lifesaver) and get .mp4 file with 25Mb size in like 2 min.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is worked for me. Very thank you bro. I'm created this account for thank you..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon, I have a problem with render. My videos are rendering very slow. Video which is long 5minutes need 4 hours to be render.

Please, help me how to resolve this problem and have faster render.

I render video Adobe Media Encoder H.264 Youtube 1080p

My System

Cpu I5 5200

8gb ram

GPU Nvidia gforce 920m

intel HD Graphics

SSD 240gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem starting today, take 3 hours to render a 7 minute video.

not sure what's going on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you solved the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too, and the result of the encoding is glitches in the result. I'm going to try to reinstall premier and encoder, and if that doesn't work, my subscription to Creative Cloud is no longer worth the money if I can find alternative software that at least works, even if it doesn't have the whistles and bells.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that's a fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mattfinch,

Sorry for the trouble. Please elaborate the issue you are facing with the applications. What is the workflow you are following?

What is the exact dot versions of the applications? Steps: FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

What are the system specs(OS, RAM, CPU, GPU)?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add one point! The problem is not with Premiere encoding process! Media Encoder starts while exporting from After Effects! So the same file parameters, render process is extremely slow. If the Premiere is using the most of  The PC resources (and it have a big resource. Look at system info in a first post), The After Effects and Media Encoder just not using the resources! So I think the problem is in App Optimization! All drivers and ADOBE apps versions are updated! Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines