• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder render extremely slow

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render speed of Media Encoder (2018) is x4 slower than premiere pro cc 2018 in same File export with same rendering settings.

Rendering time of the file (4K video. H.264 Mp4.  2 min. length) :  Premiere Pro - 9 min, 

Media encoder - 41 min

My System:  AMD Ryzen Threadripper x1950 (16-core)

GeForce GTX 1070

64G RAM of DDR4

2 x 256G SSD

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like doing the same. Been using AE, PP and ME for years but the current versions are the most unreliable I've ever used. The constant bugs and crashes are costing me in lost productivity.

If Adobe don't start prioritising reliability over adding meaningless bells and whistles features, they're going to start losing the customer base that's kept them in business until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last day of the year (2018) and it would appear that this issue is still here.

Mac Pro High Sierra

CPU 12 cores

128GB Ram

GTX 980ti 6GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me too.

How is this still a problem and not CLEARLY solved in 2019??

Makes zero sense... Common Adobe I'm sure there have been countless inquiries about this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jan 2019 - Adobe Media Encoder gets slower/more cumbersome with every update. I don't mean to just complain, but right now when I want to work with .mp4 anything in the Adobe world, I'm consistently now saying, "%&#*@, how can I avoid using AME? I actually have things to do today..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys I have the exact same Problem. Making proxys for a wedding I just shot (300gb) took me about 11 hours and is still not done.

yes my hardware is yet not that good, but I used to render the same size of data a lot faster with media encoder.

MacBook Pro

2.5 Ghz intel core i7

16GB 1600 Mhz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved for me!

It was the 8 second, 3-year-old .mp4 clip created in AE. Opened the newest version of AE, found the old AE project, opened it, it asked if I wanted to update the project, I say yes, Re-render the output and new 8 sec file put in current PP and AME works as flawlessly as it used to. Problem solved!

And... why would an old .mp4 file create a problem in the newest AME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. A project that previously took 1.5 hours to render after updating AME it showed as 39 hours. I unchecked "import sequences natively," uninstalled and installed new Nvidia drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere, After Effects and AME. Nothing helped. Finally, I tried rendering directly in Premiere, without sending to AME. The render time went back to 1.5 hours. There is some bug in AME that prevents it from using the computer's resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, went from a 3hr rendering to.. yeah you guess never ending, counting app and finally crashing AME.

I observed that the AME since last update excessively is reading the source-file (I mean excessively, infinite reading at full speed, whatever the HD is giving, without any sense - even when AME is paused).

It feels a little that AME starts reading the source-file for every frame from the beginning, that way it starts ok and then quite fast slows down to nearly stand and finally crashes.

Thank god it's only reading, not writing at that speed. For me that means 100MB/s no matter if I export 1 or the usual 3 targets for my projects in parallel - except that the 3 parallels are coming to a near stand still after around 90seconds, with 1 target after around 10-15min.

Looks like a bug for me - sadly exporting direct export from PP is not an option as I have multiple files and multiple targets to render, which I normally queue up over the day and then let run overnight. Doing that with direct export would block me heavily. So currently exporting with Adobe PP/AE/AME is impossible for me.... This needs to be fixed (or any solution) fast..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I found a workaround,

1. deactivate parallel encoding

2. putting source and target on different physical hard-drives

3. the source file needs on a fast drive - and I mean fast, 2GB/s minimum, better 3GB/s (M.2 NVMe with 4xPCIe for example), with 3GB/s+ it may also be possible to keep source and target on same physical drive.

That way the encode finishes at least in a time which is ok. Downtime, if you have many cores, it's likeley that not all will be utilised due to non-parallel encoding. So the result is slower than it would be without.

i also observed that the lock/hang/slowdown happens when the log says timout for async frame read (the log mentions that this should never happen, too - so would guess it's a bug).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you directly rendeer in Premiere? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having same issue and I switched to Apples Compressor application. Went from 33 hours in Adobe Media Encoder to 16 Minutes in Apples Compressor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, were you able to render a video from After Effects to Compressor ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 minute and 32 second video took 21 hours to render...I have great specs too. What is going on Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's so insane how I can no longer rely on this software to render my videos.

Adobe shouldn't be asking me for my specs. Nothing about my specs suddenly changed from a few months ago when I could render 5-minute videos in minutes.

If I'm not dealing with extremely slow rendering, I'm dealing with immediate crashes.

I may need to switch platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, horrible speed in AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i got little solution for you, i found that on Task Manager, Adobe Encoder not use all resource of my computer and there was green leaf logo with discription : "this UWP process is suspended" that prevent apps for use full hardware resource in background. maybe some of you have same problem with me. you can resolve this by right click Encoder on task manager then select "Go to details", then right click again to set priority to High. it will allow Encoder to use full resource of the computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused by what's happening with ME and PR. I have a video which I update every day for our business to run on our lobby displays. Essentially, the video is nothing more than a series of still images at 3 seconds each. Some days, there may be 25 images, other days as many as 60- so the video will run up to about 3 minutes long.  Yesterday, I rendered the video- which ran about 3 minutes- and the render was done in about 3 minutes. This was within a very acceptable time frame for me. However, today- I tried to render a similar video with different content- totaling about 2:15 in run time- but now it's taking 18-20 minutes to render. No changes to my machine. Not much difference in the images (all 1.4-1.6 MB each). I don't know how there could be such a difference from yesterday to today. I even went and deleted my transitions today- and it rendered in about a minute. Adding the transitions back, and it's taking close to 20 minutes for the same video I rendered in about 3 minutes yesterday.

Running the new Imac on the latest big sur with 8 X 8 X 16 on the new Apple chip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME is still dog slow in Fall 2022.... 

2:30 ProRes MOV takes 20 to 30 minutes to render to another codec. Flex Res (for Hippo systems) is even slower...

System:

Puget System, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor, 24 Logical Processor(s), NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Leave it, man 🙂 
I forgot when I used ME last time, I'm only using AE render ProRes 422 to mov. Then I convert this mov to mp4 in HandBrake. It's way faster and also output mp4 is waaaay lighter, then mp4 from ME.

Anyway, I'm not here to teach anyone how to work, but just to share my experience and ways to avoid ME.
Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines