Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder repeatedly Crashes

Participant ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using an Apple ProRes 422 LT "HD" file. I bring it into Premiere. I put it on an Apple ProRes 422 LT "SD". Then I add (720 x 486) bars & tone and a slate for SD. This has been the same process for years. Now all of a sudden the timeline freezes when outputting. I send the queue to Media Encoder. The file seems to freeze on the same frame or nearly. I tried three versions of the HD file that I import into Premiere. Yet, each output of the SD timeline freezes.

I spent an hour with Adobe. They say that the AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB needs a driver update. I cannot find a driver update. Mac OS seems to do their own driver updates.

I cleared the cache. I uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere and Media Encoder.

Is this a Mac OS problem? Is this a GPU / driver problem? Is this an Adobe problem? Or nobody cares problem?

Thanks,

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are any third party effects installed or used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No effects used. I literally took the HD footage and put it on a SD timeline. I added Bars & Tone and the slate which are generated within Premiere naturally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No third party effects installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines