I have to make lots of proxies for a project. After transcoding quite a few, Media Encoder stops working and the computer says that it runs out of memory (although it's not true, and there's plenty of memory in the computer -64 Gb). Even when I re-start the computer, Media Encoder does not work anymore. I've tried it in two computers with the same exact result. And in the second computer I was first running ME 2019 and when it run out of memory, I re-started and tried ME 2018 and it immediately run out of memory as well.
So, it seems after a while somewhere within ME gets clogged up and re-starting doesn't help to unclog it.
I've directed the Media Cache to both the internal drive and different external drives and I've also cleaned the Cache files.