Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder Shutting computer completely off in middle of encoding

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

having a major issue with media encoder. Title says it all. i go to encode a simple video just a single clip and at random intervals it actually shuts my ENTIRE computer off. this only started happening when i updated media encoder. before i updated, i had no problems whatsoever.

system info:

Current Windows 10 software

16 gb ram

Nvidia GEforce gtx 760 (current as well)

(Note i have solid works cadcam software with 3D modeling and pulling up massive sub assemblies with hundreds of parts and assemblies the computer doesnt even blink at it. no problems there. makes me think issue is entirely with media encoder)

(note videos i am trying to edit with premier pro are just usually one video clip with titles at beginning and end from adobe. i only add maybe a cross dissolve in and thats it. videos are shot with a nikon D7000 camera. using same process i have done so for a few years now with media encoder and premiere pro with no problems till now. also again encoding crashes at random intervals. not in the same spots or where i put titles or other effects into the video)

Things i have tried to do to fix it at adobe's support's suggestion:

updated graphics card driver- didnt work

rolled back premiere pro to older version-didnt work

rolled back media encoder-didnt work or wouldn't accept premiere pro files

created new user on computer-Dont see how this would have changed anything as i would have had to download premier pro and encoder AGAIN.

made sure encoder was on software only encoding option-only option available with media encoder now for some reason couldnt select the other

created a test video to encode with nothing done to video clip-worked but if i edited anything on the video and went to encode again it shuts computer off

rebooted computer in safe networking mode-did not work and had to redownload all adobe programs to even test.

reverted back to windows basic graphics driver- didnt work and i had to reverse everything done so i could actually use both my monitors

spent 5+ hours talking to customer support with no answer still and made settings on my computer completely screwed up.

checked error log- said encoding was interrupted by user. (i seriously did nothing but let it sit there and encode and i watched it shut the computer down with no warning)

tried exporting and importing files- worked at one point but followed same process for different clips crashed again.

if anybody has had the same problem and has a solution please answer. we need video editing software of some sort for our business and we cant even get a video out without encoder. or if you have suggestions for a different video editing software im all ears.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mckayn,

Sorry for the trouble. I checked all the steps that you have done so far and I appreciate your patience. Have you checked if you get the same issue when you try to export using Adobe Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i hadnt gotten to that point as i had to go to work in the middle of the

last customer support call. how do i export using premiere pro? and can it

export as mobile device files and youtube acceptible files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process remains similar.

Have a look at this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/how-to/export-video-share-social-media.html

Let me know how it behaves with Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same issue after updating to 2020 apps.

Try disabling SLI on your GPU's. 

It resolved the same issue for me.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution: I watched CoreTemp and found that Media Encoder was driving the heat up to the auto-shutdown point.  For me, adjusting this solved the issue: Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings, Change advanced settings, Processor power management, Minimun state: 5%, Maximum state: 80%  - (You may wish to experiment to see how high a max you can get away with)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Temps on our system never came up more than 70 C. And we have a water cooling custom loop.

We also ran V-ray render at 70-75C and Prime95 stress test at temps higher than during AME encoding (~80C). So it is clearly not a temp issue in our case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone find a solution, we are consistently having this problem on Windows and MacOS all the same. It is very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to re-seat the CPU and Ram. Go on default CPU settings. See if it's stable. 

If it's not CPU. Than re- seat GPU(s). Disable SLI if you have it.

That resolved the problem for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: 

It was Seasonic 1300W PSU OCP (over current protection). 

We had upgraded the machine and the only old component that was left was PSU. Even though for the wattage specs 1300 W was well above what we needed (2xQuadros RTX800, AMD 3990x) - we hardly ever went above 1100 W with temps never above 50C, the current on the PSU was triggering OCP.

The machine was just dying on the render... complete, sudden power loss.

We have replaced Seasonic with Corsair 1600W...never had the issue again (3 months as of now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue, that never happend before, cause mostly worked with HD.

I have 4k sequence, when i render to full hd everything fine, when 4k? h264 or h265, in couple of minutes/seconds it powers pc off.

I've checked power supply and did reset bios, limited productivity to a half, nothing worked

media encoder 2017, gtx 760, windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried a more powerful PSU? That resolved our issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines