Media Encoder stops halfway through export

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a 1:30 second video in After Effects, it has some photos and text over the top, the only effects I used were gaussian blur and lumetri color.  Very simple small keyframes here and there to have the photos zoom in and fade out.  I am using the newest version of After Effects and I have tried on the brand new Media Encoder and have even reverted to Media Encoder 14.03 (per several suggestions online).  When I send to Media Encoder and click play (render) it renders about halfway through the clip and then it stops and says "failed."

When I export from render queue in After Effects it works just fine, the problem is I want to export an .mp4 file not .avi or quicktime, hence the reason for wanting to use Media Encoder.

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise (this is a work computer), with 16gb ram, i7-6820HQ CPU 2.70GHz.

TOPICS
Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have already switched to Software only render...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After the render fails in AME, can you open the log file? File > Show Errors (Ctrl + Alt + L). Is any more information provided? Sometimes a specific frame number is noted and something could be corrupt, even though it plays back or renders just fine from AE. If that's the case, the solution is to often remove and reapply the effect.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines