• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder Taking an hour to render a 2 minute video (Good PC)

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have a i7-4790 CPU with a GTX 1070 and it is taking my system 1 hour to render a 2 minute video, why? The video is imported from AE and is littterally 2:39 long. I have checked and media encoder is barely using my CPU or GPU. I understand rendering can be CPU intensive and I am planning to upgrade in the future but it wouldn't take this long running on a potato. Screenshot (33).png

Screenshot (31).png

TOPICS
Export or render , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Judging from your output preview thumbnail, it looks like you have a lot of effects going on. It's possible it simply takes that long.

Low CPU usage does seem odd though. Can you check your AME settings that you are using Metal or OpenCL vs Software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey thanks for the response I am using the Mercury playback engine GPU acceleration. (CUDA) I understand that effects can drastically increase the time of a render but this wasn't that effects heavy. Even if it was it ended up taking 2 and a half hours to render which would still be to long. Once again thanks for the help I really appreciate the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines