Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder User Presets / Map Structure

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Encoders,

I have a question about the user presets and map structure in Adobe Media Encoder.

I work for a company that has more than 100 digital screens with each different resolution.
Therefore, I made for each screen a different Preset with bitrate, resolution, custom naming, ingest settings etc. I put everything in a map structure so I can easily find the right screen preset that I need at that moment.
It was quiet the job to create all these. Because u need an ingest preset and an encoding preset. I made more than 200 Ingest/Encoding presets. But I also want to share these with my colleague’s, so I exported all the presets. To install the presets, I needed to relink each ingest settings to the right encoding, output source etc. But also made all the map structures. What already was allot of work to do for 4 colleagues.

Now we updated our media encoder and everything is gone again. The presets, the map structure the ingest settings. We only have the exported files. But to re-link these again is allot of work because I am the only one that knows how it’s all put together.
Is there a solution for this issue? To export map structures and linked encoding/ingest settings? Even if there’s only an option to keep the ingest and encoding settings together while exporting would help allot.
It's really annoying because with each update it is gone again.

To re-link/re-structure all the presets each time is allot of work.
When it all put together it’s such a good and easy so use system.

Side question: Is there an option to if I made a change in a preset my colleagues will automatically get these changes as well?

Sincerely,

Auke Kroese

to contact me directly please mail to: auke.kroese@oceanoutdoor.nl

TOPICS
Download and install , Export or render , Feature request , Formats , How to , Import , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully someone from Adobe Staff will be able to help you out.

Have you tried getting in touch with Adobe via Chat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines