• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder with unexpected quit message

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Media Encoder to create some proxies before I start editing on Premier Pro. Unnexpectedly I am being asked “Encoding is in progress: Do you really want to quit?”. I didn’t have any intension to quit the prosess, and I wasn’t even using the aplication while it transcoded. I have continuesly pressed “No” but the message reappears less than a second after I’m asking it not to quit. The encoding continues while I’m seeing this message, but it doesn’t automatically move on to the next file. I have to monitor the transcoding in order to make any progress. Soon I do press “Yes”, and after restarting the aplication it works as it should, until the message reappears again.. 

I have restarted the computer several times, and have seen that the application is up to date. This bug/issue is driving me mad and hope it will be resolved.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you initiate the proxy creation from within Premiere Pro (highly recommended) or did you add the source footage to Media Encoder directly?

Media Encdoer closing is not a known issue.

You might try these troubleshooitng steps to resolve the issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/windows-10-keeps-closing-pr...

Of course, I'm assuming you're on Windows (including system information and application versions often helps to resolve issues more quickly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you've looked at the forums but it seems that a lot of people are reporting AME closing/crashing. Not exactly like this post suggests, but clearly there is an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use it daily on multiple machines.

If AME is not working as expected, it's frequently a workstation configuration issue.

Of course, there could be a common issue; however, most users post too little information about their setup to draw any parallels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines