• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder won't import After Effect Project

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in title, I would like to import .ae project to encoder to batch all compositions, and it doesn't work. Video below.

My spec:

Adobe Media Encoder CS6 (6.0.2.81(64bit))

After Effects CS6

Mac OSX 10.8.2

Project don't have any third-party plug-ins

TOPICS
Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"m getting this too, amongst a host of other issues after upgrading.  it's hitting me when trying to import an AE comp and trying to 'queue' export out of p pro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with cs5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really sorry if you guys have already tried this, but I was having the same issue with files in general, not just AE comps.  I was stuck on the Encoding window and nothing was getting added.  I couldn't get quicktimes or Premiere Pro sequences to load into Media Encoder.  Or so I thought. 

Turns out I just wasn't looking at my queue.  Hit Command-1 or go to View > Queue and you might find what you're looking for. 

Hope this helps! 

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am too having this issue, and the Queue view is visible.  When I choose to import an AE composition, I navigate to my AE project file, but the comps inside it are not displayed or selectable, and the Ok button never enables.  Neither can I drag and drop my AE project file into AME, I get an empty dialog box (I assume it's supposed to list the included comps), and the Ok button there never enables either.  Anyone discovered a solution to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found a reason, at least for my specific situation, although I do not know if this fits anyone elses situation.  The video clips included in the After Effects project was an MOV file, created by a NewTek Tricaster video board setup.  In fact, this affected all my Adobe products (well the video related ones that is) because I ran into a bunch of issues getting them into AE in the first place, with the same difficulties in getting them into Premiere.  And the resulting project files (AE & Premiere) has huge issues getting into Media Encoder.  It was all stemming from these MOV files themselves.

I had to download a NewTek codec to even begin using them in the first place, and even with the downloaded codec, they are still hugely problematic to work with.  Unfortunately my company set up a great deal of time & money in setting these studios up, so I have to find a way to work with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, first I though that maybe my computer or the program was slow or something, so I leave if for a few hours and nothing happend!! could you help me Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was totally my issue!!

Cheers for taking a leap, and offering what may have seemed like obvious info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you apelike_22!

I have the same issue in Media Encoder CC 2015 and I didn't notice that the queue window was disabled. I enabled it according to your info and problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh my god thank you! Seems obvious now that you mention it, but the interface probably needs some work to make sure this doesn't happen to myself as well as others in the future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@apelike_22.

dang so easy... i was going nuts.

I should do more tuts about the basics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Apelike_22!!!

Solved the problem...

All the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines