• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media encoder won't open and error pop up keeps appearing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Whenever I try to open media encoder it either shuts down before opening or has an error message pop up saying: "an error has occurred, send report"

I've seen a lot of people have dealt with this same problem but I'm making a new post to bring the issue back up, the only solutions I have found were from this article posted by adobe support in a thread:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/products-crash-launch-macos.html

I tried it but nothing helped, I restarted my computer and that did not help, I am trynig to uninstall media encoder but an error keeps popping up saying it cannot uninstall (I force quit media encoder, this error is not bc the app is running) Does anyone have any other solutions?

I am in the middle of working and need a video rendered within the hour, does anyone have any alternatives to media encoder? I already rendered the video through after effects but now have the .mov and need to convert it to .mp4 in order for my boss to view it & post it!

If anyone has advice please let me know!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem since the update this morning. Won't open at all, crashes everytime. Super frustrating. Handbreak is a decent alternative that I am using now and it is free to download. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem, I'm using iMac macOS Catalina 10.15.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was eventually able to uninstall and redownload it and now it's working again. However, that wasn't until 2 days later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is still not working. I've just installed again but the problem is the same, not working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, Won't open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and reinstalling worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've fixed the problem. I deleted the third party plugins which was located /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore here. now it is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines