Media Encoder won't sync presets to Creative Cloud

Engaged ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 2017.0.2 and trying to sync my preset settings to my CC account before upgrading to the new versions. I've changed my sync preference to "Always Upload" so I pushes my User Presets to the server. I see that 2 recent presets have the cloud icon next to them, but all he rest do not appear to be synced. When I go to force a "Sync settings now", I keep getting prompted to log in, despite checking off "Stay logged in". It goes through that process, pinwheel comes up, and then nothing syncs. The last sync date is still showing last August. Repeating the process produces the same results.

I'm going to submit as a bug, but given they've rolled out a new version of the software, I'm sure it won't get much attention. Does anyone have any immediate suggestions?

Thanks

Stephen

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem. It turns out it will only sync Presets added *after* you have first signed into your account for syncing. I exported my custom ones, then deleted them, and reimported them.

Little technical detail:

When you add custom presets when you are not signed in, they go into Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/11.0/Presets, but when you are signed in, they go into Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/11.0/your.email@something.com/Presets

If you have a lot of them that you don't want to reimport, and you are relatively techie, you can probably quit AME, move the epr files, then modify Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/11.0/Presets/PresetTree.xml to point to the new file paths.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines