Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media encoding taking ages to complete

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

For every video that I create in Adobe Premiere Pro, it always takes ages (> 1 hour) for Premiere or Media Encoder to generate the corresponding mp4 output (File > Export > Media). Today, it took almost 1,5 hour for a simple 14-minute video presentation to compile. I am not an expert so maybe it is just a question of adjusting some settings. Can anyone help me, please?

Thank you very much in anticipation.

Regards,

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Encoding time can be affected by a number of factors, including:

1) How compressed the source media is (the more compressed the more work your CPU has to do to decode it first)

2) How many effects are on your timeline

3) If you're using effects, whether they're processed by the CPU or the GPU

4) What your destination format is (My guess is that you're going from one highly compressed format to another)

5) The speed of the drive your source media is being read from

6) The speed of the drive your exported media is being written to

7) The speed of your processer and GPU

Without any specfic hardware, drive info, and media info, it's hard to tell you whether or not this is normal. However, what specific version of Premiere and AME are you running? The most recent updates from May added hardware-accelerated H.264 encoding which uses your GPU and drastically increases those exports. If you're not up-to-date I recommend doing that first then checking the "Video" tab when you choose your MP4 to make sure that "Encoding Settings > Hardware Encoding" is selected and then see how fast things export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines