• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Enconder Creating Black Screen Projects

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a couple of posts refer to this but none of the set ups related to our situation and consequently their solutions didn't help ours either.

In the past my students rendered from AE in an H.264 format so that they had a little Quicktime movie to watch their work, share their work, and submit their work. Now AE recommends using Media Enconder to do this. When we do it however it spools fine but the final result, when played back, is a black screen that's the length of their project but none of their project is there. I've even had results where it spooled and played back correctly once but then after that it only rendered black screen video. Same files. Same settings. Different results. Can't get the process to run correctly each and every time. Very inconsistent.

We've also experienced that ME doesn't handle AE files with multiple compositions. Again, in the past, when exported to a quicktime file directly AE had no problem with this. Now it wants to render the compositions seperately which wouldn't create a whole file that the student has animated.

I'm not married to the H.264 format, I'm just looking for: a) a format that they can export directly to from AE that they can play back through a video player (such as Quicktime or whomever) OR b) how to fix the bugs that Media Encoder is giving to us. My preference is A.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Formats , Hardware or GPU , How to , Performance , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. Did you ever find a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the work around I have my class use now is exporting as an  Apple_ProRes_422

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines