• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing codecs H265 (HEVC) in Adobe Media Encoder CC 12.0 (Build 202)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

However, the H265 codec is missing in the Media Encoder program.
This is very important for me. What should I do?

Please help me.

The systems and programs I use are as follows:

- New MacBook Pro Touch Bar (Max. Hardware)

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2

3.1 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz RAM

Radeon Pro 560

2TB SSD

- Adobe Media Encoder CC 12.0 (Build 202) (up-to-date)

- Adobe After Effects CC 2018 15.0.0 (Build 180) (up-to-date)

- Adobe Premiere Pro CC 12.0.0 (Build 224) (up-to-date)

Ekran Resmi 2018-01-20 17.49.09.png

Ekran Resmi 2018-01-20 17.53.15.png

Ekran Resmi 2018-01-20 18.01.33.png

Ekran Resmi 2018-01-20 18.35.54.png

Ekran Resmi 2018-01-20 17.54.19.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dwaltenbaugh1,

I have heard that for some users, this is the only solution. Sorry that it was so painful. Can others on this thread also contact support for assistance on this? Contact Customer Care

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you are willing to wait a little bit, it will be fixed automatically with the next Creative Cloud update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dima,

Could you please provide us with an ETA. Based on that I can at least make a decision whether to convert my footage to another format or wait for the update.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elliot,

I do not have the exact date yet but may be within some day next week.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years later and im having this exact same issue, hahaha.

Im so ditching Adobe cloud for the next sub cycle. Tired of bugggggs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. I don't use h.265, but I use Newtek codecs and they are not visible anymore. I just don't see them in the list. I am curious if there is a problem now with 32 bit codecs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I'm having the exact same issue which I discovered when I tried to import my footage after several days of shooting.

Your software spec says that Adobe Premiere has full support for H.265!

How long do we have to wait for update? This issue has been raised several months ago, yet as of 13th of June I still cannot work with H.265. I have over 40 hours of footage in H.265. Do I spend days converting it back to H.264 or shall I wait for the update? I have about a week before it starts effecting my schedule and I WILL lose my client.

I have done a full clean up (using Adobe Clean Up tool) , reinstalled absolutely everything. Now I have a task of reimporting all the LUTs, titles, plugins etc.

What's ironic is that the beta version of Davinci Rosolve 15 has absolutely no issues with H.265!

If there is a work around, how can I email support with all my details. Your support page just keeps me going in circles and neither provides a telephone number nor an email address! There seems to be no easy way of contacting your support directly. If there is please kindly let me know. I'm based in the UK.

Kind Regards

Elliot Balynn

elliot@balynn.com (my Adobe login if you can check on your end)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elliot, what version of Premiere/AME are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reinstalled everything, so latest versions of Premiere Pro, AME and After Effects.

Next week sounds good! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In researching this issue, it appears to be an issue related to your subscription model. Have you upgraded from 100GB to 1TB or are you running a trial version?

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Vinay%20Dwivedi wrote

I was afraid of that plan as we have encountered a bug where users  are unable to obtain HEVC Codec (Importer and Exporter) for CCI All Apps account when being updated from 100 GB to 1TB.

The only workaround is to cancel this plan and purchase the default one which does not has any special storage quota other than default one which is 100 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

You are right and the updates are delayed a little so I'm hoping it will be out in a weeks time.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to 1TB. I cannot go back to 100GB as the only option I get is to cancel my 12 month plan I'm currently on and if I cancel I would have to pay about £260 just for one PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is currently a bug related to upgrading. It does seem like an odd thing to affect the ability to encode in H.265. I suggest opening a support ticket: Contact Customer Care

There's not much else we can do here to help on the user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked and the patch will be released today.

Please check and confirm if the issue gets resolved after this patch. Make sure you logout and login again in the CC application.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do tonight. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it seems nothing new has been released

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to sign out of Creative cloud application, quit it and the sign in again or go to the Creative Cloud menu and check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn´t work for me, too.

I signed out, closed the application, killed all Adobe processes that were still running (CEF Helper, CoreSync.exe, ...).

Then I started it again, got my fonts reinstalled, but it still shows "No Updates"

Honestly, I´ve bee following that threat for quite a while now. It sucks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done all the signing out, quitting, restarting (even cleaned my screen). The issue is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the version of CC application which should be 4.6.. You can find it in the Creative Cloud app menu>Preferences>General

If it is 4.5 then in the menu check for updates and try to update. Once updated uninstall Media Encoder and reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK will try. How come few days ago I got updates for PS, LR and CR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no 4.6xxx version. Only 4.5.0.331.

Release notes for the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated both CC and PP recently, several months from this announced "patch" almost a year ago. I am getting the same error message when invoking ME, "This file requires the HEVC codec, which is available to Creative Cloud members". What was this patch?

My setup:

Media Encoder 13.1 (Patch 173)

Premiere Pro 13.1 Magician

Creative Cloud 4.8.2.476

Cloud Storage: 100 GB

If Adobe's fixed this issue, please tell me how to access the codec. If not, can you at least change the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the version of Creative Cloud application which should be 4.6.. You can find it in the Creative Cloud app menu>Preferences>General

If it is 4.5 then in the menu check for updates and try to update. Once updated uninstall Media Encoder and reinstall it.

It was an issue with the Creative cloud with 100TB storage so it was fixed in 4.6 version release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines