I've probably just made a stupid mistake with this, but I've just finished exporting my animation into a video and had ticked the box saying to open it in AME once it's finished but when I did it just loaded forever. I left it for an hour or two and nothing changed so I reopened AME and tried to import the .mov file into the queue by going through the Local Drive part and the same thing happened:
Is there something I should be doing or am I just impatient?
Sorry for the import issue.
1. Is this happening with all MOV files? Please test with another MOV file.
2. What is the file size of the MOV file?
3. Have you tried to import the file into Premiere Pro for a test?
4. Change the location of the MOV file & try the import.
I think the problem is actually with my laptop because I tried to import it on a different (larger and better) computer and it worked. The only problem was that all of the audio was over lapped and the video was a full minute shorter than it should've been. (I took it to IT at school and this is what they suggested I do).
I'll still try your suggestions as well, though, because I would really like to have a copy that's actually working properly.
1. I tested it with another .mov file (185 MB) and that imported easily
2. The file is 1.36 GB
3. I tried to but after leaving it for a few hours it still looked like this:
And wouldn't respond
4. I moved it and it still wouldn't import
I think I may need to somehow make the file smaller.
Thanks for the reply. Please make sure the file is on a hard disk at 7200 RPM, it the minimum requirement.
I don't know how to check that, but I'm pretty sure my laptop doesn't, that's why it worked on the other computer I tried and not mine.
I imagine the other computer I used would've been over 7200 rpm though as it was one of the fancy computers in the media rooms at school. The video still didn't work on this computer however because, as I mentioned earlier, the audio was all over lapped and it went for a minute less than it should've. Perhaps the problem is with Animate and not AME?