• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MPEG2 format with Closed GOP/ specific requirements.

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 10.21.15 PM.pngSo this is the specs that I need a preset file for but I am having an issue finding the settings for this. Specifically the GOP settings and the video stream type. I am not sure if Media Encoder is capable of this level of control or not..

The source files are mp4 and need to be converted to mpeg2, any help/suggestion is welcome. 

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Export or render , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Export Settings, pick format MPEG2 and then scroll down in the Video tab until you see GOP Settings and Advanced Settings.

I think to get an elementary (video) stream, just deselect the "Export Audio" box at the top, right after Output Name. This will give you an m2v file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 
I have a similar scenario, where the specs sometimes work and sometimes, in shorter material(eg. 4 sec)  does not.

steps to take:

M2V-settings.jpeg

So, questions:
(transcoding to M2V)

1. Are Adobes MPEG-2 specs, the same as always? Has anything changed, ie. that could mess up these settings.

2. Will transcoding from certain codecs, XDCAM, PRORES, etc differ in the ouput when doing an M2V?
3. Some users get different bitrates(too low/high) when doing 4 sec material, why? Often when converting photos to video clips.

Thanks for all feedback input.

Marcos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marcos,

Really no idea. Let's see if someone else can add any real knowledge.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stan

Ok, thanks for info. Would you mind letting someone that have worked a lot with M2Vs, getting info about this post?
Would really want to move forward on this issue.

BR
Marcos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines