• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Presets gone after update to 2020

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update made with copy presets turned on. Every preset now gone, and, of course, remove old version also turned on, so no previus version. Any ideas, or should I just remember to ALWAYS make a backup before Adobe update?

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Hi macinz,

Do they still exist on your computer to where you can import them again? For example, I'm on a Mac, and my presets are saved under Users > [username] > Documents > Adobe > Adobe Media Encoder > [version #] > Presets. Any chance your presets are saved in any of your prior version numbers?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi macinz,

Do they still exist on your computer to where you can import them again? For example, I'm on a Mac, and my presets are saved under Users > [username] > Documents > Adobe > Adobe Media Encoder > [version #] > Presets. Any chance your presets are saved in any of your prior version numbers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Adobe wiped out those previous versions upon install of the newest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake! I found them on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had my custom presets disappear after upgrading to 2021 but was able to find them in the old folder. Why on earth does every other Adobe app ask to move these preferences but not this one? Hmm Adobe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat. Updated today (3/10/21) to Premiere / After Effects / Media Encoder 2021 (15.0, 18.0, and 15.0 respectively), and it wiped out the previous versions (C: > Program Files > Adobe). Why is this the default for Adobe to do this? I had dozens of pre-made encode presets that are now gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEVERMIND! Was looking in the wrong location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you find them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to grab them all from my Time Machine back up.

They were totally gone in my local Adobe/Media Encoder/Presets folder.

Just grabbed from them all from V14 and dropped them in the empty

V15 folder on my mac. Worked like a charm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Auto-update enabled, remove old enabled.  Copy settings and preferences to new update enabled.  All ME presets gone now.  Adobe, please migrate old presets into updated ME presets folder upon update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe, you keep failing us with lost workspaces and settings. Most creative people don't want to spend hours repeatedly setting up stuff in order to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines