• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Media Encoder 12.0.1 but it's not available in CC app

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi we have very specific exporting formats, presets only work with ME 12.0 not 12.1.  ME 2017 or 2019 also do not let them work.  How can I get the version of ME 12.0 on my system??? Have spent a long time trying to figure it out, including pasting a version from a friend's computer onto mine via We transfer (I get error messages though when trying to open).

Can anyone help me please?
Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi andywaldschmidt,

• Presets only work with ME 12.0 not 12.1. 
  • ME 2017 or 2019 also do not let them work. 
  • How can I get the version of ME 12.0 on my system???
  • Have spent a long time trying to figure it out, including pasting a version from a friend's computer onto mine via We transfer (I get error messages though when trying to open).
  • Can anyone help me please?

Sorry for the frustration.

• Unfortunately, we can't do much for you here in the forums.
    • There is no way we can control the delivery of applications from the Creative Cloud application.
    • We would love to have the control, but we do not.
    • We would love to merely send you a download of the application you need right now, but we cannot.
  • I believe there is a possibility of getting the application from our call and chat support queue, but I cannot promise this. Here's how you might approach that:
    • When you contact our call and chat support queue, as for "the video queue" to be routed properly.
    • Once the video queue responds, explain your situation, but add, "Kevin Monahan said I may need this case escalated to Tier 2. Can you help me with that?"
    • If they do not connect you with someone that can give you the application, PM me and I will see what I can do for you.
    • Again, I cannot promise that I can fulfill your request, but I will do all I can to help you.

As an editor before I came to Adobe, I can give this one piece of advice: once you install a version of NLE software, never uninstall it. I advise a backup hard drive using Carbon Copy Cloner or the like consisting of the OS, the entire contents of my applications folder, documents folders, and any other crucial data in that clone of your boot drive. When situations like this occur, you can boot up your computer on that different drive and have immediate access to past versions.

I hope that advice helps and I hope we can get the version of Media Encoder you need.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines