• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No audio when transcoding from MOV to MP4

Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I transcoded 1920x1080px MOV videos to 1280x720 px MP4. The MP4 files are created; image is fine, but there is no sound anymore.
What should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Thank you for the files.  So far, I couldn't see the problem.  I could encode the file with audio properly.  Did you happen to have a previous version of Media Encoder and upgraded to CC 2017?  If you have a previous version installed, do you see this problem there?

This could be caused by a corrupt cache file and you may need to clear cache files.

Please go to the Media Encoder's Preferences menu > Media.  Please take a note of the locations of "Media Cache Files" and "Media Cache Database" indic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Media Encoder are you using?

Could you tell me the video codec (such as H.264, Cineform, Prores and so on) used in your MOV file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use CC 2017
The MOV is H.264 I guess.
Here is a MOV file I try to convert (with audio) : Claire 01.MOV - Google Drive

That's the result (no sound) : Claire 01.mp4 - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the files.  So far, I couldn't see the problem.  I could encode the file with audio properly.  Did you happen to have a previous version of Media Encoder and upgraded to CC 2017?  If you have a previous version installed, do you see this problem there?

This could be caused by a corrupt cache file and you may need to clear cache files.

Please go to the Media Encoder's Preferences menu > Media.  Please take a note of the locations of "Media Cache Files" and "Media Cache Database" indicated there.  Once you quit all Adobe applications, please go to this location and delete folders called "Media Cache Files" and "Media Cache".  Then, while holding the shift key, please launch Media Encoder.  Does this solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked great, thanks a lot

(I had no previous version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this isn't helpful to this post but I was having a similar problem on 2018's encoder. No idea why I was using it in 2022. Check your version to anyone currently with the same problem, I swapped over to 2022. My system downloaded the 2018 encoder by default which for some reason was incapable of keeping audio with MOV to MP4 converts. 

With 2022 I was flying clean and there was no need to delete any cached files. Hope this helps somebody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me it was setting the audio codec to MPEG instead of AAC in the codec settings by clicking on the H264. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines